Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
diva7719
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Facebook Notifications??

Hello,

I have had the same exact problem since last night. Only notifications I receive now is friend request, Please Help?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Doppelratcat
My Device: Tourch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

I also have this issue and have tried all posted "solutions."  It is appearing by the many other posts here and elsewhere that this is a wide spread issue indicating that Facebook and/or RIM has jacked something up and the only solution is waiting to see if they get around to fixing the issue.  I do not think it is related to upgrading to version is 3.1.0.17 as I updated to that version in an attempt to fix the notification issue.  Simply put, "it is broken for many of us Blackberry users and it would be nice to see something official in acknowledging this fact so many others will not end up running in circles uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

In all honesty an Android solution is looking better and better to me these days.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
adaptedboy
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Smart Communications

Hello Prince,

Yes, I made sure I clicked the SAVE CHANGES button after marking the box for 'BlackBerry Smartphone Applicaations'.

And I have the latest version of Facebook (3.1.0.17). I'm trying to observe if there is any improvement regarding the issue, but just yesterday, the Facebook app returns a 2602 error., which according to Facebook is a server error.

I'll let you know about any updates once I gain access to Facebook again.

Thank you again for your inputs; they are greatly appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Doppelratcat

adaptedboy...

I started not getting notifications last night (7/6/2012).  Noticed that I did not have the latest version of Facebook and downloaded and installed it from AppWorld.  This made no difference.  I tried clearing cache and logging out.  When I logged back in I started getting the (2602) error.  I removed the app, hard rebooted, reinstalled the app, hard rebooted and was then able to log back in to Facebook.  I still however got nothing in the way of notifications.  Even when I selected Notifications from the menu I was told I had none.  Reading here and other forums I am finding this is a wide spread issue.  Within the last hour I can get notifications via the Notifications panel item...  not sure if this is a sign that the issue is being worked on or not.  I see that the Newsfeed is being updated every half hour as I have set it but I still am not seeing Notifications unless I click the panel item.  All and all most annoying...

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hello Doppelratcat,

The reason I told to download the latest version is because every recent versions try to rectify 

their previous errors plus this newer version has added two new abilities - Users can now " Like " comments and view  " Likes " also it supports Groups. 

Sometime these kinds of error appear and you can't say why. I have never had any problem with this new version ,although it is up to the user that which version they use .

And I agree that there may be some problem within Facebook and hope these problem resolves soon, so that everyone can enjoy and make use of smartphone apps.

Good Luck

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Doppelratcat

Prince,

This is not just a problem I am having. There are postings in the last day from all over the world on many different forums. In this case it is both the newest version and older version that are having issues. In all likelihood Facebook changed something as they often do. Interestingly enough notifications began to work last night but have now stopped once again. I have read in the Verizon forums that there is now something odd going on between being on a WiFi or 3G/4G within the app itself. I am on AT&T and can only add that now once again this morning notifications have stopped once again.
Please use plain text.