Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
Magnesiumbox
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Telus

Facebook: Problem refreshing stream.

I still receive notifcations (since they come through the emails) so when I open the app it will tell me "_____ has commented on your wallpost."  but if I try to read it, it just says loading for HOURS and HOURS.

Same thing for trying to view my newsfeed/live stream, it tries over and over to load without success.

Shouldn't it time out after not being able to connect for awhile? While my phone should be "idle" in my pocket it's still trying to download fb information, draining about 15-20% battery life per hour, not to mention data charges when I'm not in a wifi area.

I have to pop the battery out to stop facebook from trying to retrieve info in the background.

First question, how do I close apps from running in the background? I've learned that holding the berry key I can see whats in the back, but even opening it again, using the berry key and going to "close" just sends it into the background again. The "rounded arrow" key and red "cancel call" button also just bring you back to the home screen and keep facebook running in the background.

Note: I don't mind facebook running in the back, except when it's trying to retreive info and failing over and over again.

Second question (and the more important one),  why isn't the facebook app able to retreive the information in the first place? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, upgrading. Im running the latest version. Going to the facebook site from the mobile browser works perfectly.

Please use plain text.
medic7603
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Facebook: Problem refreshing stream.

I've got the same problem, also accompanied by it freezing up while texting.  The texting is solved by popping the battery, but facebook will close if the battery is popped, but still won't load, just sits there saying "refreshing stream" and nothing else.  I've only had this phone since September, so it shouldn't be that.  Hope someone out there knows what's causing this.

Please use plain text.