Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
brooketini
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Facebook and CICAL

How do I keep the Facebook [CICAL] from taking over my calendar every time I go to Facebook. After I close out of Facebook, I have to go to my service books and delete it, if not it becomes my default calendar. When it is, I can't sync my calendar with iCal, I have a Mac. I can tell when I look at an entry because it is blue and my default calendar is purple. 
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Facebook and CICAL

open the facebook application, and go to the options. You can disable the Facebook calendar.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
brooketini

Since I was having issues with my file free space I deleted all 3rd party apps. I deleted the service book first for facebook [cical] and waited until my default calendar reset itself, so to speak and proceeded to delete facebook and another app. After my phone restarted I noticed I had no calendar entries showing up on my "today" screen. So i opened up calendar and had lost over 400+ entries. I had done a backup on 6/20 so I am gonna put that back on my phone and hope that works. If not I am gonna have to manually input everything again. When I sync with my mac, most of the time it doesn't put it on my iCal program. Even if I choose to overwrite computer. Oh well, that's why I do a back up every week.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
brooketini

So I reinstalled Facebook and went to the options in the application and the calendar box was unchecked. I restarted my BB and went to calendar and it was set for Facebook. Deleted the service book, and my calendar reappeared. So is there something I can delete in the modules or somewhere else to keep it from happening.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
brooketini

Well, I solved my own problem. I realized I had no [cical] for any of my emails and thats why facebook tried to become my default calendar. Now I have to redo every entry anyways, plus the ones I just put in say default and I have to create a new one for the correct calendar. Woohoo I have stuff to do on my lunch break, 2 breaks and my day off on Wednesday. 

If anyone knows a faster way than recreating every single event, reocurring one, appointments, b-days and anniversarries etc, let me know....:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Diamong
My Device: Tour
My Carrier: Verizon

I'm having the exact same problem. How do I get rid of facebook from my blackberry calendar? I deleted facebook from my blackberry. It deleted all of my entries but still kept facebook as my default calendar.

Please use plain text.