Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
GreatScott_TT
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Facebook 'f' icon

Hi Guys, just got my BlackBerry Curve and downloaded the Facebook Application.But for some reason the small 'f' icon

that appears beside the email icon does not show when someone comments or updates their status.

Blackberry set up to accept facebook (app) works fine. Facebook setup to send out notifications

any ideas whats missing?

thanks in advance

Scott 

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,883
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Facebook 'f' icon

First off?

With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot.

Test it again.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Was it working before and stopped working? Just to make sure the version you have installed is 1.6.0.17?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GreatScott_TT

it was working then it stopped so i upgraded to the latest version. still never worked. also just done a reboot and no 'f'
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

In the Options you have "BlackBerry Message Application" checked? Also on Facebook's site you have your options set to notufy you of messages right? Is your Facebook account registered with Hotmail? Is your FaceBook running in the background and you're still not getting notified?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GreatScott_TT

[ Edited ]

In the Options you have "BlackBerry Message Application" checked?

Yes 

Also on Facebook's site you have your options set to notufy you of messages right?

Yes 

Is your Facebook account registered with Hotmail?

No, I use Blueyonder from Virgin Media

Is your FaceBook running in the background and you're still not getting notified?

Yes,

edit..

signed out of facebook from my Mac. when i signed back in i had 3 notifications, none of which were sent to my phone. 

Message Edited by GreatScott_TT on 06-09-2009 04:43 PM
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

And your BlueYonder email is registered with your device right?
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

Came across this KB Article, but you said everything appears to be set right?

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB14358

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Sanctorum
My Device: 8900 Curve

[ Edited ]
Is there a way to have it only notify your Facebook Application instead of the Email? It seems my Email account overrides the notifications for Facebook and only shows I have a new message (envelope icon on the top of the screen) with no F icon.
Message Edited by Sanctorum on 06-09-2009 05:57 PM
---
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the War Room!
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

In the setup options within the FB app, you can de-couple FB from Messages (among other things).

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.