Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
jonnydferrari
My Device: 8830

Re: Facebook for Blackberry: can't see any photos

Thanks for the insight, i'm shocked to find blackberry is responsible for the app, that just seems odd to me  but I stand corrected. 

thanzeels
My Device: 9700

Hi all,

I'm also facing the above issue... please give me a solution as its really hard to use fb. my bb details are as follows.:

Device Model: 9700

Handheld Software version: 6.0.0.48

Facebook for BlackBerry version: 1.9.0.28

Wireless provider: Etisalat

Data Plan: Unlimited Social Plan

Please help me out....

thanzeels
My Device: 9700

hey i just tried disabling https and it started working.

Contributor
AlexandreP
My Device: Curve 8520

Hi,

Just a little word to say that I upgraded yesterday to a full mobile data plan (Facebook access is cool, but I now have other needs that require more type of datas). And I have no problem accessing Facebook (photos and all) having HTTPS turned on in my Facebook profile.

So it is clearly a problem that happens only to those who have "Unlimited Social Network access" or whatever it is called by your provider. Moreover, the problem only happens when automatic HTTPS login is on in your Facebook security settings. And as the app works alright when on a full data plan, the problem is probably not in the Facebook application itself, but either a tuning at RIM or at your provider's facility that blocks "https://facebook......".

It would be interesting to see if someone on BB OS 6 with Facebook App v2 Beta on a social network plan has this issue too...

Contributor
MitchA1976
My Device: Torch 9800

jonnydferrari wrote:

Ok so the issue came back.

I over looked a step I performed last night.

The issue is not with your phone or your provider, but with your setting on your facebook.

You will need to log onto facebook from a PC.

1. go to account setting.

2  security

3. uncheck Secure Browsing https

4. logon through your phone - if that doesn't resolve it you may have to follow the steps in my previous post

1. go to options

2. scroll down to clear cache

3. you may need to run the setup wizard.

:Punk:

THANKS YOU SOOO MUCH!!!!!

I was about to lose it on my Telus Rep... and when I read your post, I remembered that I read something about secure browsing, and I went and clicked on the checkbox...

reversed the process and problem SOLVED!

New Contributor
beksterb
My Device: blackberty torch

:Angel:  yes, yes you are!

after rediculous conversations with bb support and no solution for a month - I find you. Angels are singing.

Thank you!

greyzie
My Device: curve8520

hi.same here also we have the same problem.how did you solve it?please teach me how. until now the images in my facebook acccount failed to display..

greyzie

Same here.same problem and until now it always say failed to display images in my facebook account please teach me how did you solve yours.thanks

greyzie

waaahhh!!great!!thank you sooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!

syedaq
My Device: Bold 9780

Thanks for sharing the solution. I just got my BB9780 (Its with rogers & I have the unlimited Social networking plan) I removed the secured browser settings on facebook and i was able to view images on my blackberry facebook app. Should we report to rogers about the problem so maybe they would look into it, Because when i called techsupport they suggested that I update my OS after rebooting and reinstalling the facebook application didn't resolve the issue. Like someone here already said maybe its due the data plan (Unlimited social networking) that's causing the trouble.