Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
AlexandreP
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless
Accepted Solution

Facebook for Blackberry: can't see any photos

Hi,

I'm new to Blackberry, I just bought a Curve 8520 a friend did not use anymore (he got a newer Blackberry, haha). And I'm facing some difficulties with Facebook for Blackberry: I can't see any photo.

App: Facebook for Blackberry (by RIM) - version 1.9.0.28

Carrier: Rogers Wireless. On prepaid plan (Blackberry Social 40)

Everything worked alright this week, I remember using the Facebook app on Monday and Tuesday wihout noticing anything. I happen to have noticed on friday night that no profile picture nor photos in photo albums to show when in Facebook app (but the problem could have started before).

It does not seems like it's a problem with Facebook authorizations, as I can see every profile picture when I'm on my desktop PC and when I go to Facebook mobile website using my BB's browser on WiFi.

If I try to see a photo from an album, I get the followinf error: "Failed to download the requested image".

If you have any suggestion or need more info, please don't hesitate, I'll gladly read and answer you!

(I tried a quick search on this problem, but did not find anything really helpfull. But this guy seems to have had this problem on last April, and he did not get an answer...)

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Facebook for Blackberry: can't see any photos

Where did you get the device?  Is it possible that it has an IT policy on the device blocking Facebook and/or Facebook options?  Look in Options >Security Options >General Settings (actual menu paths vary with OS version) and see if there is any reference to IT policy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
AlexandreP

Hi John,

I bought it from a friend, who got it directly from his carrier. This phone was not provided by its enterprise, and I did not find anything related to IT policy in Advanced options. But if you think it might be some sort of security setting, I probably could try to wipe my device... Any thoughts?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Most likely it has to do with your prepaid data plan. Contact Rogers and find out if FB is included.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
MrsBrown1982
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: Telus

I have the same problem as the person above described. I have the social network pkg, w/unlimited Facebook using the facebook app. It was working fine until last Friday evening. I called Telus & the 1st guy said to remove my battery for 2mins & to reinsert, w/o shutting it off. That didn't work. Then I called on Saturday & the lady said it sounded like a corrupt software issue. She said the battery thing wouldn't fix it. She said to delete the app & re-download. I figured out how to do that myself, but the none of the photos are displaying still. I am so frustrated. Does anyone know how to fix this issue??

Thx! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

It now sounds like its not an isolated incident. Are you unable to display ANY pictures? I know there are some pictures in FB that won't display and I doint know why. However, most will display. This may be something that you'll need to get your carrier support folks to escalate to RIM. Call them back and if they can't figure it out request that they escalate the case to RIM. There is no charge for RIM support when done through your carrier.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
MrsBrown1982
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: Telus

NONE of the images display. No friend's profile pictures, no pictures they post, my profile picture, my photos within my photo albums...none of these display.

Okay, I'll try that. I'll call Telus. When you say "escalate to RIM", do you mean, they'll transfer me to RIM customer service?

Thx for your prompt reply. When I signed up for an account so that I could reply to this msg, I entered my BBM PIN, can you reply to me using the PIN. I'd love to get an answer to my phone, so I don't have to go to my email on the comp to check if there's been a response.

Thx again! I greatly appreciate your help. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Yes,they can transfer you to RIM.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
AlexandreP

[ Edited ]

Just like MrsBrown1982, every picture in Facebook can't be show: profile pictures, photos in albums, photos posted in wall or groups... Well, the only pictures I can see are, like, YouTube previews on my friends' walls.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one affected by this problem, and better, we are not using the same carrier.

Note that I did an BB OS upgrade at some time last week (maybe on Thursday of Friday), from OS 4.6.1.320 to 5.0.0.900, so it may be related? Before I call Rogers, I'll try to revert back to OS 4.6.1.320 and install Facebook application, and see if it works. Then I'll upgrade again to OS 5.0.0.900 and see if the issue is still there.

Edit:

I wiped my phone using BlackBerry Desktop Software, I uninstalled the Facebook application, I downgraded to BBOS 4.6, re-installed Facebook app under BBOS 4.6 (problem not solved), re-deleted Facebook app/re-wiped by phone, upgraded again to BBOS 5.0, re-re-installed Facebook app (problem not solved)...

... 'guess it's time to call Rogers!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Korn
My Carrier: TH GSM

I found this problem too. Could you suggest solution to me? please

Please use plain text.