Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
AlexandreP
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Re: Facebook for Blackberry: can't see any photos

We are still investigating this problem, we don't have a solution yet.

But please indicate your wireless carrier, and if you have either a data plan or some sort of "social network plan". It may help figuring out it this problem occurs only with some carriers and in which conditions it appears.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MrsBrown1982
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: Telus

AlexanderP: I noticed you said you 1st realised there was a problem Friday. That is the same day I noticed the issue. Perhaps something happened on Friday?? I still have not called Telus, but I'll let you all know if I find anything out. Please let me know if anyone finds some kind of miracle cure! I'm dying over here! Lol! :-S
Please use plain text.
Contributor
MrsBrown1982

I did mention in my post that I'm w/Telus. Forgot to mention however, that I have the social network pkg. No internet on my phone. Just wifi capable.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

The trend I'm seeing here is that you're all on Canadian prepaid or limited BB data plans. Its possible that the data required for the pics has changed and is not available in these data plans. This will definitely be an issue between the carriers (Telus/Rogers) and RIM.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
MrsBrown1982

If that's the case, I have a serious problem w/Telus!! I am paying for unlimited FB. I cannot fully use FB without being able to see any photos! This is garbage! Telus is gonna get an earful tomorrow!!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

This is merely my speculation. You're going to have to call them and if they can't resolve it request that they escalate the case to RIM. You may need to ask several times before they will do it but be firm and make sure they do it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
AlexandreP
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Looks like it's happening on Bell's network too: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Curve-Series/no-profile-picture-for-anyone-on-my-f... (it does not surprise me, knowing Bell and Telus share the same 3G network [but not the 2G one])

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
RandomHero
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: rogers

Hello everyone,

Could I ask each of you with this issue to provide the following:

Device Model

Handheld Software version

Facebook for BlackBerry version

Wireless provider

Data Plan

Cheers,

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MrsBrown1982

RandomHero:

Device Model: Curve 8530, I believe
Handheld Software version: Is BlackBerry Software 5.0.0 what you need?
Facebook for BB version: 1.9.0.28
Wireless provider: Telus
Data plan: "social network" pkg w/unlim FB, no internet, wifi capable

Is this the info you need? Pls let me know if anyof the info I provided is incorrect. Especially let me know if you come up w/a solution!

Thx! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Korn
My Carrier: TH GSM

Device Model: Curve 8520

Handheld Software version: 5.0.0.592

Facebook for BB version: 1.9.0.28
Wireless provider: TH GSM
Data plan: AIS BlackBerry Chat + Facebook