Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
RandomHero
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Facebook for Blackberry: can't see any photos

Thank you for providing the information that was requested. If any other people on this thread are affected by this issue, please provide the requested information.

Thanks again!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MrsBrown1982
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: Telus

Thx for your help RandomHero. Since you're still asking for info, does that mean there is no solution yet?

Thx again. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
cmac23
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

I have a Bold 9700. I just updated my software yesterday (I think to 6.0) because I thought maybe it'd help with the facebook app problem. I have Facebook for BB version 1.9.0.28 and I'm with Telus as well on a social networking plan.

My issues started on Friday or Saturday as well.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
RandomHero
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: rogers

Yes, this issue is still under investigation.

Cheers,

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MrsBrown1982
My Device: BB Q10

Should I still call Telus & try to get transferred to RIM??
I just called Telus & the Telus lady gave me some instructions I could do on my own, since I don't have another phone they can call me back on. Just the phone w/the app I'm having issues with.

Instructions she gave:
Log out of FB
Go to Options (wrench icon)
->Advanced Options
-->Service Book (delete all within here, except "provisioning")
Power off & remove battery
She'd give me 5mins before she'd send something to my phone. Then log back into FB & see if fixed.
NOTE: still not fixed. She also said about the comment where we don't have enough memory or something to view pics anymore wasn't true. She said they wouldn't have blocked FB on us.

If I did get in touch w/RIM, are they gonna be able to help me without calling me back on a different phone?

Thx for all your effort spent looking into this! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Yes, go through all those steps. It sounds like good advice to me to try. You have to go through their support to get to RIM's. If those steps don't work they will either have more or they will escalate your case to RIM.

Its best to find another phone that the support teams can call you back on. Find a friend or something.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
kmarzec1
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Rogers

I am having the exact same issue.  I have already called Rogers support and they instructed me to remove my battery while it was on.  Then while the battery was out, they refreshed my network or something and still no change.  I can't see any facebook pictures at all on my blackberry through the facebook app.

Device Model - Curve 8520

Handheld Software version - v4.6.1.290

Facebook for BlackBerry version - v1.9.0.28

Wireless provider - Rogers

Data Plan - BB Social Networking & IM & WiFi enabled

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

It is being looked into. For now just call your carriers and have them escalate your case to RIM. That is the fastest way to get this resolved.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
ragazzino
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: TELUS

I'm having the exact same problem...started around Friday.

I have a BlackBerry Bold 9700 with TELUS signed up on a Social Network 40 plan. 

TELUS seems to be helpless, I've called tech support four times.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Please read the posts. Insist that they "escalate the case to RIM" if they can't solve it. That's what it takes to solve these types of issues.
Please use plain text.