Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
AlexandreP
My Device: Curve 8520

Re: Facebook for Blackberry: can't see any photos

@RandomHero, thanks a lot for taking a look at this issue. As a quick reminder

• Device Model: Curve 8520
  • Handheld Software version: 5.0.0.900
  • Facebook for BlackBerry version: 1.9.0.28
  • Wireless provider: Rogers
  • Data Plan:  Prepaid plan - Blackberry Social 40. Unlim. access to social networks and IM

I was thinking the problem occurs for Canadian customers (issue reported by clients on Telus, Rogers and Bell), but Korn seems to be in Thailand (AIS)...

I just called Rogers to report on the problem. After the guy resetted my phone (this did not help), he told me the cause might be my SIM card being old (it's 4 years old), and it is used. Not so sure about that assumption... Anyway, I told him we seem to be some people getting the problem, and we are on different carriers, so the problem may come from higher.

I highly recommanded him to escalate to RIM, as you said, John. (Eh, a way for him to easily get rid of me! :smileytongue:) But the tech support would not "escalate to RIM" before I buy a new SIM card. (He says it is under warranty, so I would get a refund for changing it, it would not cost me anything.) I don't really want to do so, because I plan to switch to Fido when my prepaid plan runs out of money. Mmmm...

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

The sim card won't solve it. This is the garbage one must go through to get "escalated". Its a pain.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
ragazzino
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

Talking to TELUS again right now and it's like they need a nuclear bomb to explode to escalate it to RIM.

Please use plain text.
jewales
My Device: Bold 9700

Same issue here since Friday. I do not have a data plan, only Social Network unlimited.

Device Mode: Bold 9700

V. 5.0.0.442 (Platform 5.1.0.121)

Facebook for blackberry version 1.9.0.28

Telus

Social Network 45

Please resolve shortly.

Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MrsBrown1982
My Device: BB Q10

I called Telus again & after making me try the old remove-battery trick again, they escalated me to RIM no problem. All that did was get a ticket # issued & they'll look into it. They said they didn't know how many others, if any others, had reported this issue. There weren't enough tickets issued to meet their threshold of a "known issue". Everyone, PLEASE insist on being transferred to RIM! Do not take 'no' for an answer! The more ppl we get complaining, the more data they'll have & hopefully, the quicker they'll resolve this!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Precisely. And it is being looked into by RandomHero so the combination of the escalations and his assistance you should be able to get this resolved...eventually. Keep the escalations going!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
MrsBrown1982

Ahh! New development!!!!!!!

I was just in my FB app & some of my friends profile pics are starting to display! There are still some friends' profile pics & uploaded photos are not displaying.

Progress, I hope! Hey RandomHero, do you know anything about this? Is the issue becoming resolved??

Thx. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
MrsBrown1982

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! More developments!!! I can now see all profile pics & uploaded photos!!!!! I am so overjoyed, I'd do cartwheels if I knew how! :smileyvery-happy:

So....RandomHero, JohnClark, is it solved? Can I stop holding my breath, praying it doesn't revert back.
Please use plain text.
yaas0n
My Device: Curve 3520

I am another user with the same issues, since Friday. Was on the phone today with tech support trying to fix the issue to no avail. But now the Facebook app is working once again for me. So I can confirm that the issue seems to have been resolved!!

Another issue I had recently that I'm wondering if other similar bb users have had is I can no longer connect to the myspace app. This issue has been on-going for at least a week and half to two weeks. Anyone else with a simlar issue?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MrsBrown1982

yaas0n: that's great! Glad to hear your FB app is also behaving itself now. :smileywink: As for MySpace, sorry, I don't use that one. Hope you get that resolved soon as well.
Please use plain text.