If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Facebook for Blackberry: can't see any photos

So, the problem appears to have returned. Ugh.

I don't know what the resolution was before but the only way to get it resolved is for EVERYONE who is having the problem to call their carriers and insist that they "Escalate the case to RIM."  They can do it for free.  It costs them nothing and costs you nothing.  They are always hesitant but try and explain the situation, the existence of this thread, and INSIST that they escalate the case.  Don't take no for an answer!  That's the only way RIM gets info on problems that are out there and this definitely is a problem. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jonnydferrari
My Device: 8830
My Carrier: bell

I had the same issue today but i've figured out how to resolve it .

I have a BB8830 WE

1. log into facebook

2. go to options

3. scroll down to clear cache - you may have to run the setup wizard again at the top of the page. 

all my photos are back up. hope this helps .:Clap:

Please use plain text.
mandyhealey
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

I have bought a Blackberry Curve 8530, On my facebook app I cannot view any photos. It was working fine for the past few days but all of a sudden it no longer works. But when I sign out of my facebook and log onto my husbands everything works fine. Very frustrating as this is the whole reason I bought the phone with unlimited facebook. I tried looking for the solution that was posted above but cannot find anything about "IT" on my phone.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jonnydferrari
My Device: 8830
My Carrier: bell

Ok so the issue came back.

I over looked a step I performed last night.

The issue is not with your phone or your provider, but with your setting on your facebook.

You will need to log onto facebook from a PC.

1. go to account setting.

2  security

3. uncheck Secure Browsing https

4. logon through your phone - if that doesn't resolve it you may have to follow the steps in my previous post

1. go to options

2. scroll down to clear cache

3. you may need to run the setup wizard.

:Punk:

Please use plain text.
kerribear_84
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8310
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Just started having this same issue yesterday. Although I have an older Blackberry that I just got to use until my contract is up, everything was working fine until yesterday.  I called Rogers and they did all the same things everyone else was told to do and told me possibly my phone is too old. But why did it work before? I was just about to wipe my phone and reload everything but I found this thread and decided not to waste my time. Any updates on the situation??

Just saw the post for the fix, it worked! Thanks! I'm so happy! I thought I needed a new phone!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MrsBrown1982
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: Telus

I too, am having this problem again!

Last time, the RIM tech support ppl told me they sent new software updates to everyone. I didn't even have to take out my battery! :smileywink:

Is there are RIM support guy on here that can get us sent new software again? Or do I need to call Telus again & demand my call be transferred to RIM support?

Thx.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
AlexandreP
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

I confirm Jonnydferrari's solution work. But IMO, it should only be considered as a temporary workaround.

HTTPS by default provides better security protection against potential listeners on your line (this is especially preoccupent when on a public network -- public WiFi hotspot, your work's or a library's Internet access, and I guess listening to GSM packets is also possible).

Of course, one can manually enters HTTPS Facebook address in its webbrowser when using a desktop, but at some place sometimes Facebook goes back to HTTP. Enabling HTTPS by default prevents this from happening.

RIM should double-check what modification it did to Facebook app recently that broke Facebook app compatibility with this Facebook setting.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MrsBrown1982

I tried the clearing cache thing, didn't do anything to my FB app. It was suggested last time I had this issue, by the tech support ppl & didn't do anything that time either. What in the world are the RIM ppl doing that keeps causing this issue??  I mean, c'mon seeing pics is half of your FB experience! Argh! So frustrating!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MrsBrown1982

Oh & I don't wanna unsecure my FB connection. I also don't see how this has anything to do w/my FB app. The FB app is separate & on my phone, not my laptop. Also, I've had it secure for a while & my pics worked fine before. It's just some software thing RIM keep changing on us.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gbyrne
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile Canada

Disabling HTTPS seems to immediately bring my pictures back as well...  However I don't want to run Facebook without HTTPS.  

This can't be the only problem here.  I use my Blackberry Facebook application all the time and it's only very rarely that I encounter broken/missing pictures.  I hope a new version is rolled out to address this problem.

Please use plain text.