Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

MrLebanon
My Device: Blackberry 9300 curve smart phone
My Carrier: Etisalat

Re: Facebook for Blackberry: can't see any photos

Man jonnydferrari you are a genius ..My Facebook Pictures problem is resolved. I can see them now. Your Post was so helpful. It is just a security stuff in my facebook account settings. I have changed it as you mentioned and it worked just fine. Thank you so much ..I ve been suffering for the last week because of this. Thank you a lot bro

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MrsBrown1982
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: Telus

I had my FB set up to run HTTPS, I don't really wanna change it, but I just went in to unsecure it to see if that'd help. It did, but my app hasn't been giving me any notifications. Is this related? Is a solution coming that will allow me to set up my FB to run HTTPS again?

Thx.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gbyrne
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile Canada

If I'm not mistaken the latest version of Facebook for Blackberry by RIM was released before Facebook rolled out HTTPS.  I am guessing, and hoping, that the next version of Facebook for Blackberry will address the recent implementation of HTTPS.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
xaniz25
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Device Mode: Curve 8520

Handheld Software version: 5.0.0.900

Facebook for BlackBerry version: 1.9.0.28

Wireless provider: Rogers

Data Pla: Unlimited Social Networking

everyone i know who uses BB have the pics on their FB shown okay and they have the same plan as I have, so I don't see how wireless providers here in Canada is a problem. :smileyindifferent:

i also tried what everyone here said (chaniging https setting on the desktop, clearing cache, running set-up wizard, reinstalling fb, battery pull-out) and none of 'em worked for me.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Did you try the https fix mentioned above?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
xaniz25
My Carrier: Rogers

I did and the pictures still don't show up. So I did it again, then reinstalled the app, rebooted, cleared cache, ran set-up wizard and still nothing worked. It's been like that for a week now.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aceves83
My Carrier: Telcel

I have the same issue, here is my info:

Device Model: Curve 8520

Handheld Software version: 4.6.1.272 

Facebook for BlackBerry version: 1.9.0.28

Wireless provider: Telcel (México)

Data Plan: Social Plan (Twitter, Facebook, BB messenger, Live Messenger & MySpace).

I tried soft-reset (alt+shift+del), hard-reset (removing the battery), reinstalling the facebook app, and the issue still was there. After reading this thread I did what jonnydferrari said about disabling HTTPS on my facebook account and it was solved. 

However, as AlexandreP said, this should be considered as a temporary workaround, I also don't want to disable it, I have HTTPS enabled on my twitter account and the twitter app works fine, so I guess we have to wait for a new version of the Facebook app.

@RandomHero, do you have any thoughts/news about this?

Finally, should we created another thread?, because this one appears as solved, if we keep posting here, maybe the RIM people wouldn't notice that the issue isn't really solved. :smileytongue:

Regards,

FJMA

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jonnydferrari
My Device: 8830
My Carrier: bell

i 'm not sure how much that would do by creating a new thread. Theres seems to be some confusion regarding what blackberry supports and what it doesn't.  From what i gather blackeberry support hardware issues directly related to the phone ( ie powering on tuning off , keyboard not working , draining battery, ect ) these are all related to the hardware of the phone . facebook , twitter , windows live , ect are all   3rd party apps. meaning the are released and updated by their own web designers ( not blackberry. )  Think about how many apps there are. If blackberry  spent all their time troubleshooting these, they'd never have time to design new phones. So as far as waiting for blackberry to update the app, i think the question should be directed at facebooks webdesigners (after all they are the ones who want you to use the app)

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aceves83
My Carrier: Telcel

@jonnydferrari You're right, in this case the facebook app developers should address this issue, but It wouldn't hurt if the people at RIM point it out to them too :smileytongue:... anyway, seems like we have to wait for the new version.

BTW thanks for the workaround, I was getting a little frustrated...

Regards,

Please use plain text.
Contributor
AlexandreP
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

jonnydferrari wrote:

From what i gather blackeberry support hardware issues directly related to the phone ( ie powering on tuning off , keyboard not working , draining battery, ect ) these are all related to the hardware of the phone . facebook , twitter , windows live , ect are all   3rd party apps. meaning the are released and updated by their own web designers ( not blackberry. )  Think about how many apps there are. If blackberry  spent all their time troubleshooting these, they'd never have time to design new phones. So as far as waiting for blackberry to update the app, i think the question should be directed at facebooks webdesigners (after all they are the ones who want you to use the app)

Hi,
In fact, that's not true for the Facebok Application, which is developed by RIM. A lot of apps in the BlackBerry App World are developed by third parties, and you are probably right about them (as RIM does not develop them, it may take attention to hardware-related issues only); but the Facebook app is developed by RIM (as well as the Twitter and the MySpace app, and some others. Filter the apps in your App World by developed, and you should get a list of thoses developed by RIM).
Also, like almost all companies who develop hardwares and softwares, it certainly not the same teams who work on designing phones, on designing BB OS, and designing the Facebook App. A hardware engineer is not necessarily a software engineer, and a software engineer is not necessarily a hardware engineer. :smileywink:
That being said, RIM is actually beta-testing Facebook App v2. It is currently available only for BB OS 6. Facebook App v2 should be available for BB OS 5 and 4 in a later stage (either a new beta version or the final version). RIM has not communicated officially about the release date, but some leaked information tells the final version might come in May 2011.

Please use plain text.