Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
krazy4scraps
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Facebook for Blackberry causing problems for Facebook site?

For 3 days I have had problems with my Facebook account.  It occurred to me that it could possibly be my Facebook for Blackberry application that is causing the problems with my online facebook.. My problems are many..(these probs are on my ONLINE facebook only) ....My chat does not open or show friends online, my news feed only shows posts for about the past 30 minutes and no link at bottom to "view more", no option to "view more" on other pages as well.  I cannot view my notifications, it just sits there and spins when I click to view, I cannot access the notifications page in settings nor can I edit or delete any of my facebook applications. I have this problem on any computer I use to access my facebook account, but Facebook on my Blackberry seems to be working fine, except I only get email notifications, no facebook notifications, when there is activity. On my Blackberry, I can view all posts in the news feed, see online friends and chat. I am posting this here because after lots of searching in Facebook Help, I read that sometimes your mobile device can be the cause of your problems on your Facebook account online.  Has anyone ever experienced this or know if it is the cause of my headaches or how to fix it? I have cleared the cookies and history on my Blackberry. I have done battery pulls, log out of Facebook, everything short of deleting the application a reinstalling. Any help would be greaty appreciated! Thanks!

Charm023
My Device: curve9300

Re: Facebook for Blackberry causing problems for Facebook site?

Hi I have the same problem with y blackberry. Were yo able to resolve this issue? Thanks.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Facebook for Blackberry causing problems for Facebook site?

hello Charm,

what version of Facebook for BlackBerry are you using?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: