Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
lenemily
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Orange

Facebook for Blackberry

Hey, i just got my Blackberry bold 9700 on saturday, everything has been working perfectly until today, the facebook app for blackberry won't let me update my status's keeps saying 'There was an error in trasmitting your notification, you can try resending it.' However i can use facebook and update my status fine on the browser (mobile web). Anyone help me with this?

Thanks x

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ivalencia
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Telcel

Re: Facebook for Blackberry

I am having the same annoying issue. I got the same bold 9700 model almost a month ago and everything was perfect until the

"There was an error in transmitting your notification, you can try resending it."

message started to appear everything I wanted to reply/comment anything from the Facebook app. I have been trying to find an answer to this and this error seems to be on the BB world for more than a year ago.

This is really disappointing, I thought I would not face this type of issues with a Blackberry.

Hope technical guys from BB can share a way to fix/workaround this.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ivalencia
My Carrier: Telcel

And sometimes, when I click on a "Like" link from another user's status I get the message saying "You don't have permission to do this". 

A pain on the neck...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
harrym87
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: o2 uk

hi there

i am having the same issue

i tried removing the app and re-installing it but it didnt help

i have contacted bb app support and awaiting response - will let u know what they say

thanks

Please use plain text.
xx-jak-xx
My Device: Storm 2
My Carrier: o2

Ive got the Blackberry Storm 2 and had it for months and has worked perfect but last night facebook decided to give the same error you have all got

"There was an error in transmitting your notification, you can try resending it." Then fails again.

Hope this gets sorted soon as its driving me insane

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
midlands
My Carrier: Vodafone

Yep same problem here.

Had my 9700 for about two months and was using Facebook without problem.  Now I get the "there was an error in transmitting your notification you can try resending it" message whenever I try to comment or like anything.  I can browse ok just not post.

As far as I am aware no changes have been made on my device.  I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling but same problem persists.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
midlands
My Carrier: Vodafone

[ Edited ]

hmmm right I turned off my mobile network and enabled WIFI which then allowed me to post (previously I could not post anything with both turned on). 

Then I turned my WIFI off and mobile network back on and now I can post again...

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
macska
My Carrier: Rogers

This is most likely something on Facebook's side that is causing this. I started getting this today as well through the app and I have nothing new on my BB for months now, so pretty sure it's not BB related. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
harrym87
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: o2 uk

hey all

think this issue is fixed as i can now post using wifi and data

thanks

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Blackberry was having an issue with its facebook application for a couple (few, maybe?) days.  The issue has been resolved and everything's back to normal.

May I suggest you become a fan of Blackberry on Facebook?  Whenever there's an issue affecting many BB users, Blackberry will post it on Facebook and will keep you up to date with any progress that's being made.  That's how I found out about the problem.

Cheers, all. 

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.