Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Facebook notification won't go away

when I click on my notifications and my email messages and hit the menu button, I don't have an option that says "marked"

My Device: Bold

Did you mean the in box in your facebook messages?  If not, I don't have any FB notifications on my regular email. 

Through the FB ap I don't have an option to clear notifications

My Device: Curve 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

What you want to do is open up the 'Messages' screen in OS6 - this is the app where all your emails, bbms, texts, what apps, etc are shown. Then it's a simple process of pressing the blackberry button to bring up the menu, then selecting the 'Mark Prior As Opened' option. Worked like a charm for me, and everyone else who had the same problem. Kind Regards, Aden
My Device: Curve

This is beyond ridiculous.  WHAT THE HECK FIXES THIS????

I've done the battery, marked as read, deleted emails.  Basically everything. 

HELP!!!!

My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8900
My Carrier: Teacher

Huh? I did what you said and there is nothing to indicate that facebook messages are unread even after marking unread.

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

I had this problem. If you have the new version of facebook on blackberry, go to the top right hand side, click the friend, message and world symbols. Scroll down to notifications and click it. On that list should be a notification called 'The Next Step' and the name will be bolder than the rest. Click on it and the notification will go away. For some reason facebook wants to tell us the next step now. Hope this helps!
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

Go to the top right hand side of the facebook app, click the friend, message and world symbols. Scroll down to notifications and click it. On that list should be a notification called 'The Next Step' and the name will be bolder than the rest. Click on it and the notification will go away. For some reason facebook wants to tell us the next step now. Hope this helps!
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange

Thank god some people know what they are doing lol.  This was driving me insane as i couldnt get rid of a notification !!  went into the application then notifications and it has disappeared :-) :-)

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

I found that if you log out of facebook on your phone and then log back in the notification disappears!
My Device: Curve 9380
My Carrier: O2

I have a curve 9380, and your fix did the trick. Thanks!
OS release v7.0.0.513, Platform 9.32.0.51