Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Christi_99
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Facebook notifications changed and not working correctly

I am getting facebook notifications on my BB, but they have changed.  In the past, they would send an alert, when I went to notifications it would show me the comment, and give me a box to then reply and hit post. 

Now it sends a notification, the notification itself is different and the body of the notification is weird, not letting me reply unless I want to open my browser. 

For example:  "Reply to this email to comment on this status.  to see the comment thread, follow the link below: .....

This looks like the emails that come to my yahoo, not the ones that usually come through my facebook app. 

Any solution?  Who do we make aware of the problem? Facebook or Blackberry?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,851
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Facebook notifications changed and not working correctly

Christi_99, Greetings, and welcome to the BlackBerry.com Support Forums.

I've noticed too that occassionally I will receive the type notification you mention. It is rare, but I think it is a different type of Facebook notificaiton. True, there's not much you can do with that type notification.

Anyway, give it a little while for others to come through, I am thinking you will see the normal ones again.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Visitor
fulano81
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I am having the same issues.  I did a battery pull and made sure my emails were in sync.. None of that worked... :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bluesky00
My Carrier: T-mobile

You guys are not the only one. I started having this problem this past Tuesday (3/2/10) and it's so annoying. My two friends are having the same exact problem, too. It usually says "comment" if your friend or whoever made a comment on your wall post or a wall post you commented on; then, you click on it and it takes you to the ACTUAL wall post (withing FB BB APP)---which is totally convenient because then you can write whatever you want to write without "opening your browser" --- what's the POINT of having the Facebook app if you have to OPEN your browser to look for that notification.

Also, I noticed that from last Tuesday and now, some of the notifications were "normal." Instead of saying "notification -- [name] commented on [whatever it may be]" like you would see in your EMAIL with the link, it would say "comment," but when you click on it, it says "unable to make a connection with facebook." I hope this gets fixed ASAP! I hope they did not change it because that's just whack. I feel so disconnected with Facebook app because of this "glitch." Ugh! Others, share your stories....

Please use plain text.
Visitor
marmia29
My Carrier: Cingular

Hi there, I have pretty much the same issue and it started about 2 weeks ago, when I could not post answers to things that were written on my wall, I can't even poke my friends :smileysad: but the rest I can do without problems, I have tried so many things I have a headache..I hope we all can find a genius to help us..

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi there! I'll chime in!

From what I can tell, I've always received those types of Notifications, though they seem to have increased as a proportion of the total received. I was suspecting a correlation between "friend or not" for the notification, but there's nothing I can find there to correlate. I also can say that I've been receiving notifications of this type as far back as 17-Feb...I don't have any further back on my BB since I think that's the day I did an OS upgrade and, therefore, a fresh FB install. It does seem like, since 1-March, most notifications have been of this unusable type.

And so I have a new suspicion -- FB has been doing lots of updating lately...I wonder if perhaps this mobile function has been broken in that process...

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bluesky00
My Carrier: T-mobile

UPDATE* Okay, so the notifications kind of got back to normall (the convenient way). However, I am only able to view the actual wall post on my BB without using the browser if my friends make comments under MY STATUS (it'll say comment on BB instead of "notification") But if I make a comment on someone else's status, and if he or she or his or her friends reply back with a comment--I'll get the "notification that has a link to the person's status which requires you to click on the link on your BB" It was never like this before. Regardless of who's status it is, as long as you commented, the Facebook on BB will allow you to click on the "comment" and transfer you to the wall post on the Facebook BB Application.

Anyone noticed this change?

Please use plain text.
hittman141
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: t-mobile

I've noticed this change ever since 3.2.04 and its sooo annoying!!! So far I've deleted the facebook app twice and even wiped my handheld because i thought it was a software issue, but its not.... its something that facebook has updated maybe on their end.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sweetlittlehugs
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: Att

I am having this problem also. I tried deleting the application and redownloading but all I accomplished was loosing everything in my calender.

What device are you guys using? Im using a 9530.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Christi_99
My Carrier: AT&T

Update:

I had it start working periodically yesterday, but then it would say, "Cannot establish connection to Facebook Server" and then it was back to wacky as usual!  Does anyone know if we should bombard BlackBerry or Facebook to get this problem solved?

Please use plain text.