Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

cosmicopal
My Device: Tour 9630

Facebook upgrade 2.0.50 - Unabe to Log in

A few days ago, I upgraded my mobile facebook app to the 2.0.50 version. After the required reboot, I opened the app and it went to the log in page.
I entered my name and current password but when I attempted to log in, an error message appears with code number 2406 and I immediately receive a text message in chinese. I am unable to log in with the correct information. I have re-installed the app twice and I'm still having the same issues.

How can I fix this problem?

Please use plain text.
jessicacrompton
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: Facebook upgrade 2.0.50 - Unabe to Log in

Oh thank God.  i thought I was the only one! this whole thing is infuriating. I'm not a big app person but enjoy facebook and its super crappy that can't access it on my brand new phone. what you described is EXACTLY what happens to me. Any luck finding an answer??

Please use plain text.
cosmicopal
My Device: Tour 9630

Not yet. I don't know if its an app problem or if I should contact my carrier.
HELP!
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

I don't know if this will help or not, but first of all delete the app by going to your Applications list (on your homescreen, it's Options>Device>Application Management in OS 6 and Options>Applications in OS 5).  Once it's deleted, from your phone's browser type www.blackberry.com/facebook and choose the link that does NOT go through AppWorld.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
judy82
My Device: blackberry torch 9850

I'm having the same problem I don't know if it's because I changed my old company for a new one and kept my old number, I had a bb curve with tmobile and now I have a bb torch with sprint since I got this new one showed an upgrade available so I upgraded it and keep showing me that error I tried everything even delete it and download it again but nothing works I'm so dissapointed
Please use plain text.