Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
scott_c
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Facebook v1.6.0.17 icon missing

BlackBerry 8130 
OS v4.3.0.30

I was previously running Facebook app v1.5 without any problems but installed the upgraded v1.6 build.  I am able to see that it installed in the Applications listing but there is not an icon to select for accessing the application.

I have removed and reinstalled (numerous times) and have shown all hidden icons but it is not listed.

I have seen postings suggesting that all folders be searched but I am unsure how to do that.  When it's connected via USB, I can only see folders such as pictures, music, ringers, etc.. I do not see anything for downloads or applications.  I have installed BBFileScout and searched for Facebook but it's not found.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Scott

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Facebook v1.6.0.17 icon missing

[ Edited ]
Hello scott_c. There are a few threads already reporting that it may be a bug with 4.2 or 4.3 device software. Many people reported that after updating to 4.5, then the icon appeared. Do you need help in updating your software?
Message Edited by jmrmb80 on 06-24-2009 11:05 PM
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
scott_c

Hi jmrmb80.  Yes, if there is information available on updating the BB software, that would be great.

Thank you!

Scott

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

Which carrier do you have?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
scott_c

I see the Update page/instructions.

Thanks again, I will give that a shot.

Scott

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
scott_c

I have Verizon, it doesn't appear that I can do an OTA upgrade (no Wireless Upgrade option in Advanced Options).  I think that the USB option is the path that I should follow?

Scott

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

OK. If your carrier didn't release 4.5 for the 8130 yet just follow these steps and you'll be all set

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8100-series-discussion-pearl/187761-latest-os-8130-4-5-0-205...

Please use plain text.