Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

sastock
My Device: Blackberry 9700

Re: Foursquare error

After hours spent trying to get rid of a persistent and recurring message that rendered my handset all but inoperable ("The application FourSquare has attempted to open a file connection which is not allowed by the application's permissions"), I've found a simple solution.  Here's how you do it:

Take the battery out of the phone, and wait a minute or two.

Re-insert the battery.

Red light comes on and you get the white bar logo, showing the progress of the device as it reboots.

While the reboot is in progress, depress and hold down the Escape key for 20+ seconds (the key to the right of your mouse/track pad resembling a bent arrow).

Once the reboot is complete, your phone opens in SAFE mode.

The word 'Safe' appears where your carrier name normally appears, at the very top of your screen above the time readout.
Log-in to your device as normal and when prompted, accept the offer to start in Safe mode. 

Next, go to 'Options' (the spanner icon) and then select 'Applications': this builds your list of Apps.
From the Apps list, select FourSquare, and delete it.

Once deleted, it asks "Deletion will occur when handheld is restarted. Restart now?". Select 'Yes'.

When your device restarts it will open in normal mode not safe mode, and that persistent  and irritating message is wiped, along with the Foursquare App (and good riddance, as I for one will never be reinstalling it!!)

Hope this works for you and others...

Please use plain text.
sastock
My Device: Blackberry 9700

this didn't work for me - you have to reboot in safe mode to be able to get to the applications section. if you don't, the message keeps getting in the way...
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
abekharry
My Device: Bold 9000

i am having this same problem

What should I do

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
abekharry
My Device: Bold 9000