Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Mary101
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
Accepted Solution

Getting back my pre-installed youtube on my blackberry curve 9320

Recently (a couple of days ago) i deleted my pre-installed youtube that came with my blackberry because rather than taking me to the mobile version when i click on the youtube link from my phone menu it takes me to the desktop version and this caused my blackberry to reboot itself many times. So i went to my blackberry app world on my uninstalled apps to try and get it back but it is not there (apps like facebook and twitter i am able to re-install) , so i took the option of downloading youtube apps from app world but the video quality is not as clear as the original one that came with my blackberry. Is there any chance of me getting it back?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Goose947
My Device: Q10/9900/9790
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Getting back my pre-installed youtube on my blackberry curve 9320

Hello Mary101

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Have you attempted to install the BlackBerry 9320 smartphone software to your computer and use BlackBerry Desktop Software to reinstall the application?

In order to complete this task please follow the below steps:

1. Download and install the latest software version for the BlackBerry 9320 smartphone from the following site (select your smartphone's branded service provider):

http://us.blackberry.com/support/apps-and-software/desktop-and-device-download-sites.html

2. Connect your BlackBerry 9320 smartphone to your computer using your USB data cable.

3. Open BlackBerry Desktop Software and select Application on the left.

4. Install the Youtube application from the list of applications.

Please reply if you have any other questions.

Goose947

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mary101
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320

Thanks for the reply :smileyhappy:, it worked :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
christian408
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: O2 UK

Hi,

I tried the same thing with my bb990 and it didn't work; as the preinstalled youtube app was not present amongst the list of applications on bb desktop software.

I once deleted it by accident (I'd download a few of those youtube player apps avaibale on the bb apps world and meant to delete those not the native preinstalled one); and went online yet couldn't find any answers.

But when an auto device software update was completed sometime later, it returned and worked; but when I had to restart/reboot the device again for something else at a time later on, it vanished again.

Please help coz I would like to have that native preinstalled version of the mobile youtube and not the one's avaiable on bb apps world coz imo they're all rubbish.

Please help!

Kind Regards,

Christian

Please use plain text.