Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
halrloprillalar
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

Google Maps

I recently deleted Google Maps from my Blackberry when my Latitude quit working.  Now I can not find any place to re-download the app.  Did google stop supporting it's map app for Blackberry?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Google Maps

Interesting. I used to download from www.google.com/gmm and from m.google.com but neither have BB apps anymore. it seems they are now only offering it for Android.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
halrloprillalar

Yes.  Tried all those too.  This is the problem.  Anyone have any solutions?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Not much you can do when they pulled it. It's gone.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
halrloprillalar

How are you sure that is the case?  Has google posted anything confirming it no longer supports Blackberry?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

They discontinued some other BlackBerry apps too, like Sync. Also, I checked with some other folks who have confirmed it and it's pretty apparent since it's gone from the site:

http://www.google.com/mobile/blackberry/
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

halrloprillalar wrote :

Yes.  Tried all those too.  This is the problem.  Anyone have any solutions?

Hi halroprillalar

Have you tried this from your BlackBerry Browser browse to http://m.google.com/maps and see if that helps.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
halrloprillalar

Thank you, Prince.  But, yes, I have tried that.  It redirects to an android download.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Yeah, its gone. No more BB support for Google Maps.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
halrloprillalar

Ok, so no more Google Maps.  Anyone have suggestions for a replacement app?  Is there anytthing (free or not, doesn't matter) that even comes close?

Please use plain text.