Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Google Maps

BlackBerry Maps...comes close but it's not Google Maps. :smileysad:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
halrloprillalar
My Device: Curve 9360

Can't seem to find a way to download Blackberry Maps either.  I'm starting to see a lack of programming for Blackberry.  Guess it's time to start shopping for different phone.  Something I'm not very fond of.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hi halrloprillalar

You can download BlackBerry Maps from this link  BlackBerry Maps .Please try it.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
halrloprillalar
My Device: Curve 9360

The link leads me to a "404 - page not found" page. Sorry, but I'm starting to think I'm just not going to have any luck with this...
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi halroprillalar

From your PC you can go to the link and can add your email address associated with your device it will send the download link to message box on your device .

Also if you have device OS installed on your PC then connect your device and open BlackBerry Desktop Software and click on applications you can add BlackBerry Maps to your device from there.But if you are unable to see BlackBerry Maps on application list then you are missing OS pack on your PC and Installing the OS from your Carrier will allow you .

Prince

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Prince,
Google Maps for BB is gone. Pulled. Google scrubbed it and the only thing on that page is for Android devices. Seems they're only supporting their own devices now.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi John

Yes I also noticed that :smileysad: But the above link I provided is for BlackBerry Maps as the user is having problem in downloading BlackBerry Maps also. Hope some solution to this problem will soon come because there are countries where BlackBerry Maps are not available and they completely rely on Google Maps.

Prince

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

[ Edited ]

Hi halrloprillalar

Just an Update , Gone through a  post from JSanders on Bold section regarding Google Maps ,it  allow Google Maps for our BlackBerry Device. From your BlackBerry Browser type or Click on this link  http://www.google.com/mobile/other/   it will allow  you to download Google maps.Yes I have tried and it allows Google Maps.

Prince

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Excellent find! I'm glad its still there somewhere. Better get it while its still available, though.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Thanks John, But do you believe Google will stop those services for BlackBerry and also if they really discontinue those services then what happen to one who already have it on there device, Are their services will also stop?

Prince

Please use plain text.