Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Elite III
John_Clark
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Google Maps

Ok. I looked at this a little closer. If you just click "sign in" it will log into your google account, no latitude. If you click "join latitude" it will log into your google account AND Latitude. I never noticed that before.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
halrloprillalar

When I sign in then click Join Latitude it automatically signs me in.  This is not a seperate log in.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MAKAVELI
My Carrier: cell c

Blackberry maps suck,is there any other app rather thn bb maps?
Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark

Did you try, maybe....Google Maps?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MAKAVELI

All bb aps have been removed at google
Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark

Using your BB Browser go to www.google.com/mobile/other

It is still available in many countries from that URL.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MAKAVELI

I've already tried that, n sometimes thers no download link or it takes me to the android version
Please use plain text.
Contributor
halrloprillalar

If you go to www.google.com/mobile/otherm your phone and scoll down to Google Maps and click on it, it will automatically take you to the download. Just tried it and it still works.
Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark

The problem is that it doesn't seem to work for all carriers or countries. That link still works for me too but it doesn't work for everyone.

Here is a direct link to the download (url is case sensitive):

http://dl.google.com/dl/mobile/maps/BlackBerry-47/GoogleMaps.jad
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

MAKAVELI wrote:
Blackberry maps suck,is there any other app rather thn bb maps?

I though so a few months ago, but now I have uninstalled Google Maps, and am quite happy with BBMaps. It only lacks Google Street Image, in my opinion.

can you elaborate on what you find is not perfect in BB Maps?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.