Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
ejwaibel
My Device: BlackBerry 9530

Google Reader App

Does anyone know of anyone attempting to develop a Google Reader app for the BlackBerry Storm?  I use Google Reader for all my RSS feeds and haven't found a better RSS reader.  I know that I can go to www.google.com/reader/m on my BlackBerry browser to see my feeds on a mobile webpage, but I want something more like an application that sits on my phone and I don't have to go to a webpage to read my feeds.  NewsGator Go does this, but the design on the Storm is awful!  I was just hoping that someone would be working on this app, otherwise I was going to try and take the time to create one so that I wouldn't have to try 10 other RSS readers and be disappointed.
---------------------------------
“If you don’t believe in yourself, no one else will. Unless you’re a unicorn, because there’s always someone who believes in unicorns.” - Dan (Shoebox Blog)
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Google Reader App

Have you tried using the RSS program that's include with Viigo? It's pretty cool. You can also import your feeds from Google Reader into it.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ejwaibel

I tried Viigo and didn't really like it because it didn't have everything I wanted.  I don't want an RSS reader that I can import my feeds into, I was looking for an RSS reader that took my Google Reader account, knew all of my subscriptions, and synced up with it.  So whenever I read an article on the web it would refresh on my BlackBerry and vice-versa.
“If you don’t believe in yourself, no one else will. Unless you’re a unicorn, because there’s always someone who believes in unicorns.” - Dan (Shoebox Blog)
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

The only other one that I know of is the one that comes with the Google Mobile App

http://www.google.com/mobile/blackberry/

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ejwaibel

That just takes me to the mobile web page of Google Reader.  If Google updated it for the BlackBerry, then I would just use there webpage, but it's very lite and I have to be on the webpage in order to read the articles.
Please use plain text.
Visitor
sfmoored
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]
I know what you mean.  My Blackberry 8330 had the app direct from the interface to Google Reader. The phone had to be replaced last week (exact same phone) and no longer is that app available for download.  Now there is only the google mobile app with a suite of apps. The Google Reader app within that suite only takes you to the browser app. It was so nice to go direct. I think anyone who hasn't had the opportunity to go that way doesn't realize how smooth that was.  One click and I was reading through my feeds, while browser remained available if needed.  I REALLY miss it.
Message Edited by sfmoored on 06-21-2009 01:52 PM
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

ejwaibel wrote:
I tried Viigo and didn't really like it because it didn't have everything I wanted.  I don't want an RSS reader that I can import my feeds into, I was looking for an RSS reader that took my Google Reader account, knew all of my subscriptions, and synced up with it.  So whenever I read an article on the web it would refresh on my BlackBerry and vice-versa.
Yu can contact Viigo and ask for two-way synchronization of read/unread status.

in my opinion, if you are satisfied with the Google Reader mobile website, just use a shortcut enabled like QuickLaunch and create a shortcut to the URL of the site.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
LOBONCA
My Device: Not Specified

Vlingo RSS Reader?

[ Edited ]

I see mention of here of an RSS reader in Vlingo. I have Vlingo on my BB but do not see any reference to an RSS reader. Exactly where is the RSS reader on my Vlingo Software? or is it a separate app that needs to be downloaded? I see no reference to it on their web site.

Message Edited by LOBONCA on 07-05-2009 10:07 AM
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Vlingo RSS Reader?

LOBONCA wrote:

I see mention of here of an RSS reader in Vlingo. I have Vlingo on my BB but do not see any reference to an RSS reader. Exactly where is the RSS reader on my Vlingo Software? or is it a separate app that needs to be downloaded? I see no reference to it on their web site.

Message Edited by LOBONCA on 07-05-2009 10:07 AM

Hi Lobonca.

Viigo and Vlingo are two different programs. Vlingo doesn't have an RSS reader.

Check Viigo on AppWorld to see what it does.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cane6Ki
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9790

Hi, I just released version v1.00 of my Google Reader app for BlackBerry Storm. You can get it at the MobiHand store (shortcut: http://tr.im/deadberryunread). I'm looking forward to your feedback.

Please use plain text.