Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810

Google Voice App for Blackberry

Since Google has discontinued Google Voice app for Blackberry, are there any alternate apps available that will work with Blackberry Torch and Blackberry Z10/Q10?

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Google Voice App for Blackberry

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Google Voice was probably my third most favored app ever! :Censored:

Here is the latest from the Google Voice Group I bet you won't be impressed with it either.

The "html5 app" ?  A bookmark for access to your Google Voice web page via your phones browser.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Google Voice Forum

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Google Voice app is still available for iPhone. Rather than loose Blackberry customers to iPhone or others, if Blackberry needs to have a discussion with Google, then they should have it; if not, shouldn't Blackberry have its developers make and support an app that will work with Google Voice on Blackberry, given the popularity of Google Voice? 

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

J-VP wrote:

Google Voice app is still available for iPhone. Rather than loose Blackberry customers to iPhone or others, if Blackberry needs to have a discussion with Google, then they should have it; if not, shouldn't Blackberry have its developers make and support an app that will work with Google Voice on Blackberry, given the popularity of Google Voice?

Hi,

Google didn't bother to give a month's notice to their own customers about the pricing or application changes. Google just stopped servicing the GV Blackberry app with the same month's notice. Think that was enough time for Blackberry to request a sit down with Google about their plans for the GV service and what direction that Google is planning proceed or if they plan to proceed. Having no product insight from Google leaves no way to develop a business plan for Blackberry. 

I agree on the apps popularity but I'd rather Blackberry keep their developers focused on products for Blackberry users

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Perhaps it was Blackberry Z10s, and the much awaited Q10s popularity that are chipping away from Google's market that prompted Google to stop Google Voice app!

In any event, if developers can develop an app for Google Voice that will work on Blackberry, there are many customers like myself, ready to purchase it. Get to work, developers! 

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

what are the advantages of Google Voice compared to Skype ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor