If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
jalahandro
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Google maps not working in BB

My device is a torch 9810 with OS 7.1, carrier Rogers, (Canada),

After upgrading my OS, I tried to launch google maps, and while loading the terms and conditions, I also got the error Serious error.

Please exit and restart.

I've tried un-installing google maps and re-installing from m.google.com and I've even gone so far as to wipe my device, to install the old OS, and give a fresh install of google maps.

Web searches show the symptoms started for others on December 12.

The failure is consistent when downloading the Terms and Conditions from google across devices, countries and OS versions.  

What did RIM do to upset Google?  :smileywink: 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nonoytaj
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Globe

A solution was provided by one of the users in the forum "Google Maps on BlackBerry: Serious Error. Please
e..." Posted by Darylm.

In case you're still interested in getting google maps back, you might want to search for that discussion.

:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

the discussion mentioned by nonoytaj is here:
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Downloaded-applications-for/Google-Maps-on-BlackBerry-Serious...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.