Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
lizzie92
My Device: PlayBook
Accepted Solution

How do I get bbm on my playbook

Hi I'm new to blackberry so I'm just wondering if I can get bbm on my playbook without having a blackberry phone 

Or if I need a blackberry phone could I uses friends or will it be there messages 

If I can get bbm on my playbook how do I do it :-) 

Trusted Contributor
greggov
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: How do I get bbm on my playbook

At this time you need a BlackBerry phone paired to your PlayBook to use BBM. Hopefully at somepoint in the future BBM will come to the PlayBook as a native app without needing a BlackBerry phone.

You can pair your friends phone to your tablet, but it will use their contact list. It just mirrors whatever is on their phone - email, address book, BBM contacts, etc... You will not be able to create your own BBM list using their phone.

trevor-16215
My Device: Playbook 16 GB

They need to hurry up because black berry would make so much money from playbook users that want bbm on a tablet but still have the ability to talk to users with black berry phones i love my blackberry playbook but i would love it more if there was more free apps and £5 bbm every month
rjt1274
My Device: Bb playbook

That's bad, they made BBM available to android and iphone but not with playbook, how can that be? Now it seems android are the most versatile and full-packed when it comes to different. Types of communicating. Too bad for BB users.
Trusted Contributor
gajariam
My Device: Torch 9860

Has anyone been able to sideload the Android version onto the PlayBook?

New Contributor
zigberry
My Device: BlackBerry Q1

Your correct! How come non-BB smartphones get to use BBM while BlackBerry playbook users don't? It's kind of out of sense. Why put limit to your loyal users and lose them in the end because of dissatisfaction. One said it's BBM that is making a BlackBerry user stick to his BlackBerry smartphone. How come iPad has iMessage to connect with iPhone users iMessage? Can not BlackBerry do the same?