Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
greygoose6
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: 3 Ireland

Re: How do I stop Facebook notifications?

I can disable ALL notifications if I wanted on FB, but I want email notifications ON my PC and no notifications coming to the blackberry app.

This was how it was before I upgraded. Now, even with 'recieve notfications' unchecked on the BB app, they still come, in droves. I read in another thread that a user was in touch with a developer who said they are aware of the problem and are trying to fix it. Believe what you will.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
30knotwind
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: aat

I think you have to edit the current profile you are using.

On your Blackberry--I have the Bold 9000--go to your 'Profiles' screen, e.g. Normal, Loud, Medium, etc. The Profiles icon is in the upper left of my main window, it looks like a little speaker with sound waves. Click on it and scroll down to the bottom of this screen, i.e. below All Alerts Off to 'Edit Profiles'. Choose your active Profile, e.g. Normal. Scroll down to 'Other', click it. Facebook will appear in the list; click on it and adjust the settings accordingly. I changed mine to LED, off; Ring Tone, Silent. This should stop the red light and any sounds from Facebook. I have just changed mine and it seems to be working--I have my fingers crossed. Note that you have to check these settings if you change your 'Profile', e.g. Loud, Silent etc. Good luck, this was driving me crazy too!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
greygoose6
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: 3 Ireland

Thanks 30 knot wind. The thing is its not that the light or the noise is a problem, but that the notifications are coming in the first place. Really, I'd just like to go back to the old blackberry application that actually worked in terms of notification settings.

This is Facebook, its not some tiny app made by a novice programmer. The fact that they can't get it to work in terms of switching off blackberry notifications is just unbelievable. My girlfriend has an android phone and also uses the FB app on the ipod touch and they both work.

This gives me the impression that Facebook dosen't consider Blackberry users to be important.

30knotwind wrote:

I think you have to edit the current profile you are using.

On your Blackberry--I have the Bold 9000--go to your 'Profiles' screen, e.g. Normal, Loud, Medium, etc. The Profiles icon is in the upper left of my main window, it looks like a little speaker with sound waves. Click on it and scroll down to the bottom of this screen, i.e. below All Alerts Off to 'Edit Profiles'. Choose your active Profile, e.g. Normal. Scroll down to 'Other', click it. Facebook will appear in the list; click on it and adjust the settings accordingly. I changed mine to LED, off; Ring Tone, Silent. This should stop the red light and any sounds from Facebook. I have just changed mine and it seems to be working--I have my fingers crossed. Note that you have to check these settings if you change your 'Profile', e.g. Loud, Silent etc. Good luck, this was driving me crazy too!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
30knotwind
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: aat

Yep, Blackberry seems to be the red-headed step child of the smartphone world right now. It's not 'cool' anymore. I have had several instances when apps are totally non-existent for the Blackberry and when you mention it to a developer they are pretty reluctant to consider doing it because the iPhone is so much 'cooler'. It is irritating, especially because of these multi-year contracts that lock you into one system for so long!
Please use plain text.
Lisalarry
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: mtn

Ok this seems to be a MAJOR headache!

All we want is NO RED STAR REMINDER of facebook notifications, right?

This is what worked for me! AND IT DOES WORK!

Its a bit long but bear with me!

1) Go to facebook on a pc & log in.

2) on the top right corner is a down arrow (next to HOME). Select the arrow.

3) Select HELP& then NOTIFICATIONS

4)One of the options should be "how do i change notification settings" select this.

5)the words "notification settings" are in blue and can be selected with the mouse cursor.

6)A whole list of notifications appears such as all notifications, recent notifications etc.

7) pPage down to the LAST ONE - other applications and select "edit" on the right.

8) One of those should be Blackberry smartphones app. MAKE SURE THIS IS NOT TICKED!

9) Save & exit.

YOUR PROBLEM IS SOLVED!

Good luck. 

Regards

Larry

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nataprawira
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: IND XL

Simply:
1. Click on settings/options
2. Click on Accounts
3. Click on Facebook/Twitter/etc.
4. Click OFF/disable the "Enable Notification"
5. Click on Save.

You will not receive any notifications again from the app you choose.

Disable ringtones/moving icon just to "hide" only. But it will keep running on background.

Hope that solved your problem.
Denie Nataprawira
http://about.me/nataprawira
Please use plain text.