Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

sahilkalra
My Device: 9780 bold
My Carrier: vodafone

How to downgrade to previous version of bbm?

i upgraded to the latest bbm ver 6, the problem is : it does not scroll up easily on group chats.

can some one pls help me downgrade to previous version of bbm ver 5. 

i use bold 3 : 9780.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: How to downgrade to previous version of bbm?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

The only way to fall back to a prior BBM version is via the Desktop Software. You should be sure you have the Desktop Software installed to your PC as well as your installed BB OS package (installed to your PC). Then, tether to the PC and launch the Desktop Software...see if it will allow you to reinstall the original version that came with your OS.

If it will not, then you will have to actually reload your OS onto your BB so as to fall back BBM to the version that came with your OS level.

But, you cannot obtain any of the versions between that original one and the most recent...there just is no way. Also, the issue you are experiencing is sadly "normal"...if you wait a few seconds (perhaps a minute), then it'll stop jumping around and act smoothly (until the next time you open it). We all are hoping that RIM is working on it and will release a fix soon.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Visitor
cormac
My Device: curve 9320
My Carrier: o2

i upgraded to version 7 and it says associating bbm with your blackberry id and has been saying that for the last 4 hours have tried deleting and reinstalling and restarting nothing is working HELP!!!!!! either tell me how to fix it or tell me how to downgrade

Please use plain text.
falameister
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: student

Please does anyone have a solution to this problem? Cos am having the same problem too.
I have close 1500 contacts and they are all gone, I can't restore...PLS HELP!!!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

@falameister
I have found the troubleshooting guide published by RIM about lost contacts in BBM7 :

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Downloaded-applications-for/New-BBM-7-Update-Now-Available-Ge...

@cormac
to reinstall BBM 6.2, read ahead:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Downloaded-applications-for/HOWTO-install-BBm-6-2-if-you-have...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
karinachetty
My Device: 9300 curve
My Carrier: cellc

Hey to get your old bbm back. Open this link http://www.BlackBerry.com/messenger
Please use plain text.
KevinKM
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: vodacom

People have been having lots of complaints with the latest version of BBM 8.0 to downgrade to version 7.0.1 click on the followning link and Downgrade !!! http://www.blackberry.com/bbm-redirects/bbm-download.shtml
Please use plain text.
CPLacoste
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: EE T-Mobile

Hi,

I wish to downgrade from the new BBM 8.0.0.9 to the previous BBM 7.0.1.23.

I've downloaded the BBM 7.0.1.23 files to my PC, but cannot remember how to manually install and unzip the files onto my blackberry.

Could someone please let me know the easiest way to do this, step-by-step?

Thanx

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rererichie890
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Bmobile

The version I downloaded from this link doesn't allow me to see whether my messages were delivered or read. I have a 9300 that runs OS 6. I never had this issue with bbm7.0. Can you or anyone help me get bbm 7.0 back please?
Please use plain text.