Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
b4Blonde
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How to get Facebook Places working on your blackberry

No GPS on Bb Curve 8520 =(
Please use plain text.
Contributor
southlake
My Device: Curve 8900

This worked for me!  Thank you SO much!

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Manda_21
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: o2

Hello, I have done everything you said, But as I go onto advanced options, Ive chosed GPS and on GPS Data Source theres nothing for me to pick other than my bluetooth paired devices.

Ive also gone onto my Maps and its asking for me to choose a GPS Source, I chose my brothers bluetooth device name and searched satelites but comes up saying unable to acquire GPs lock.

What do I do? 

How do I get my Facebook Places to work?

Amanda 

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Stacers11
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

Hi, ive tried all the above and its not working, when i go onto options on my facebook app on my phone the "share location with facebook" is shaded, if I go to advanced options and location settings on my blackberry 8520 it says there is no GPS data source and wont let me turn the location services on?

Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kezz_17
My Device: BB TORCH
My Carrier: orange

I have a BB torch, have done all the above and places seems to be working.

The thing that triggered it was starting blackberry maps (this already comes installed on the torch), and leaving it running whilst opening facebook places.

However the shaded box that 'allows to share with facebook' is still shaded, does this mean my location will not update to facebook?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rfucilli
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

I have a BB Bold, and I can get the Facebook Places to work, even without the check box in the options, however, it is not close to where my location is.  It has me a mile or 2 from where I really am.  Anybody else have this problem?

Ryan

Please use plain text.
zacorehawa123
My Device: curve 8250
My Carrier: Orange

hi

on my bb curve 8250 you said u have to use bb maps to get fb places to work. but with bb maps it want's to use bluetooth? please could u tell me why. is it right or wrong?

thanks zac

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MalwareFighter
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800

How do you get this thing working? It only works have the time for me on my BB Torch. Do you have to update my location in the Maps app and then go back to the Facebook app for Facebook Places to work?

PLEASE Help!

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
b4Blonde
My Device: Not Specified

8520 Curve does not have GPS. Just turn ur bluetooth off.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sharlene_six
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300
My Carrier: O2-UK

The GPS is gonna be a tad out from where you actually are for security reasons.  No GPS system available to the public is gonna be exactly dead on tbh kinda **bleep** cause I'm rubbish with finding places on my own and sometimes worse when using sat nav since it only takes you somewhere near the place you wanna be lol  And it's weird how the 8520 places worked but now doesnt cause tbh it shouldnt of been working in the first place since Places relies on GPS which that phone type does not have and yer bluetooth is probably turning on cause it is expecting you to connect via bluetooth to a GPS hardware.

VOTE SAXON
Please use plain text.