Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Super Contributor
kosten4
My Device: BB Bold 9900
My Carrier: vodafone UK

Re: How to use Blackberry as Wireless Router?

Hi!
You can use Blackberry Desktop Software to share the internet from your phone with your laptop.
Blackberry! Here, now, forever!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
trinhf
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: Bouygues telecom

Hello from France,

My wish has been completed :Clap:

My local Bouygues Telecom phone provider accepts to trade back from my Torch 9860 to Bold 9900 for my whole fleet, 24 units !

Also RIM engineers do read the forum and do adjustments. They just post a new OS version '7.1.0.1149' for Bold 9900 which can now turn my BB to Wifi hotspot. I can now use my BB 3G data plan for iPad and laptop. YES!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
grayme
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: O2

Finally, it works, now I can use my work BB for tethering my work PC rather than my personal data. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jstavene
My Device: torch 9810
My Carrier: att

Hmm my torch still is a no go,,,

I suspect this is why RIm is going under,,,completely peeing on the endusers,,,,

what people want is what they buy,,,when people buy something and find out is unusable,,,or unable to be upgraded,,,there ya go,,,still not going to ever buy another rim product,,, the torch had so much potential,,,but was neutered,,unable to tether,,, or fileshare via wifi,,, this could have been the piece to kill those iphones,,(I hate those and suspect I am going andriod,, (I like linux based stuff so I guess its a given,,)

I really liked blackberrys and was able to reinstall os when bricked,, and the quirk I found charming,,until the networking troubles,,, and wifi,,, is my goal,,,even a crappy older palm pre,,I could overclock the snapdragon processor ,,and do most anything with the wifi I wanted,,,tethering to file transfers to flash,,, the blackberry is dead,,, for anyone who has a pocket full of ereader, laptop and a tablet,,, the blackberry can not transfer files well or tether,,, now,,its merely a phone and not even a small one,,, a sad day,,

Please use plain text.
golfwally
My Device: curve 9380
My Carrier: orange

You can use a Curve 9380 as a wireless routerfor your ipad3. Just activate the option ans set the wpa2 codes on both units and off you go. you cannot do this via bloetooth though,just wireless. and you can connect up to 5 wireless devices to the phone. Hope this helps. The 9830 uses the 7.1 software.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
doubleohkevin
My Device: None
My Carrier: None

Hello.  I have Desktop Manager installed on my computer.  How can I perform wireless (Bluetooth) tethering from my Bold to my computer?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vishalraina84
My Device: Blackberry 8900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi bro....i understand your point ...i can tell you one thing...there is no match if you talk about bb...android is pathetic...if you have used bb...then shift to touch... you will never be able to like the touch....bb is so fast and you will find the difference of comfort when you use...if you are app guy...u can choose iphone....but touch will irritate you a lot...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vishalraina84
My Device: Blackberry 8900
My Carrier: Vodafone

android does not have this option..iphone and HTC......if you need this option ..go for anyone of these...or else i dont this is so necessary feature....

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
grayme
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: O2

Are you 100% that Android does not do USB tethering and 'is pathetic'?

Mine does and hence in my opinion, isn't.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jstavene
My Device: torch 9810
My Carrier: att

Hmm As I write this, I am listening to a audio book on a blackberry 9800.

3G Wifi

V6.0 Bundle 2647 (v6.0,0,0,600) Platform 6.6.0.223)

3g Bands 1,2,5,6

I can list all the info but why bother?

point is,, Blackberry has no support at all,,,none,,no intention for making this phone I paid for,,, able to network via wifi,,in particular,,, tethering, and decent file sharing,,,(my palm pre could and did, as could a motorola I also had)

I own 2 blackberrys 9800's...

I also had a curve,,,

I liked the blackberry because of the keyboard,,, and system stability (I have bricked them and brought them back to life reinstalling os, and even as a welder cracked the screens and was able to modify one to use a poly welding lense to protect the phone from welding spatter and slag,,,(i may take pics) I loved these things,, but the fact is blackberry does not support their phones long enough,, I know many people are on 2 year contracts,,,so commit to a phone that long,,,but blackberry seems to add no software features after 2 months,,,ever,,, (the 9800 had so much potential,, but they peed on it,,, that is why blackberry lost the consumer market,,, they did not listen,,, and were rude to customers,,, sorry,,,I loved these things,, but its what it is,,,

If blackberry would have stretched the OS 7 to other previous devices,,, this may have saved them in my humble opinion,,, but cater to the wealthy elite and you lose the masses,,, well iphone catered to the kids,, the imature the masses,,, the non tech moms, and dads,,, too bad,,, I think the blackberry is a better device,, but support and life cycle are too short,, and the "new OS" only runs on the newest device,,, a bad form,,, and thats why blackberry is in the toilet,,, hire some new execs,,,, look into it,,, do some market research,,(or just LISTEN to the customer,,,hmm)

Please use plain text.