Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

angarato
My Carrier: Singtel

Re: How to use Blackberry as Wireless Router?

I am using a BB 9700 and I want to connect to the internet on my MacBook Pro. How do i do that?

Please use plain text.
nhotham
My Carrier: T-mobile

Go to Blackberry web site and down load BB desktop management, install and run it.  Select TOOL tab and select START MOBILE INTERNET !!!  Enjoy it :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ppmanguin
My Carrier: Rogers

You guys should just (not switch)-UPGRADE to Android.

Considering how ridiculously high asking prices for Blackberries are, you get alot more functions including mobile hotspot - wifi tethering, better browsing, more location based integration, more customizations, more apps,  etc etc... Not to mention much higher end hardware, and huge lcd screens. :Clap:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ

ppmanguin wrote:

You guys should just (not switch)-UPGRADE to Android.

Considering how ridiculously high asking prices for Blackberries are, you get alot more functions including mobile hotspot - wifi tethering, better browsing, more location based integration, more customizations, more apps,  etc etc... Not to mention much higher end hardware, and huge lcd screens. :Clap:

I don't see how your post is a request for support.  There are MANY other forums for posts such as yours.  How about you go find one of them.

For everyone else, it appears that using your BlackBerry phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot may be on the horizon.   Crackberry.com is reporting that RIM is working on adding that feature to the new OS 7 phones.  As of yet, it's not available and no timeline has been given, but isn't it nice to know it's on the way?  :smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MGeee
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I use BB since 6 or 7 years and got my bold 9900 last friday (nice smartphone) but a key feature for me is wireless hotspot, so i must carry my sony xperia arc android handy with a twin card with me every for wireless hotspot.

T-Mobile gives me a 14 days free return for m< new bold 9900 here in germany so i think i will return my brandnew bold 9900 because of the missing wlan hotspot feature. I´ve seen, that motorola offers a nice QWERTY smartphone with android on it and the androids wireless hotspot works very fine.

My question to the bb support is: will you include the wireless hotspot feature in the near future with an firmware-update?? Should i wait or should i return my bold 9900 and get a android handy?

Please use plain text.
lsanjay

On one of the forums i heard that BB is coming out with a 6.1 release of its OS which may have Hot spot feature. not sure though but i would like to know if the same would be supported on a 9700 Bold 2. very clearly BB is losing steam as these features have become quite basic. all of us want to reduce the number of gadgets we carry so would love to have the hot spot feature integrated in our main phone device.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MGeee
My Carrier: T-Mobile

that´s my point: i carry always two smartphones with me (bb for phone+mail and android for wlan hotspot).

The bold 9900 have os 7.0.0 and no wlan hotspot feature...

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ

MGeee wrote:

that´s my point: i carry always two smartphones with me (bb for phone+mail and android for wlan hotspot).

The bold 9900 have os 7.0.0 and no wlan hotspot feature...

Read my post a couple of posts up from yours for the answer.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
themariner
My Carrier: GCI

I am trying to connect my new Samsun Galaxy Tab 10.1 WIFI via my Blackberry Storm II.  I purchased a Cradlepoint WIFI route but have not been able to get any assistance with it working with the BB.  Has anyone had any luck using the BB Storm II with the Cradlepoint router?

Please use plain text.
yashshah007
My Carrier: Vodafone Essar

Thats why i prefer anaroid devices over blackberry.... and dont like blackberry!!
Please use plain text.