Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
stratosjoe
My Device: curve 9330
My Carrier: verizon

Re: How to use Blackberry as Wireless Router?

i have a curve 9330 with an aftermarket program I bought called PDANet I tether to my notebook for free works fine no monthly charge from verizon I have had it 8 months
Please use plain text.
tonyn1628
My Device: torch
My Carrier: ATT

Re: also would be curious if anyone used the software at tether.com to use your unlimited data plan to create your own wifi hotspot?

works well, ll depending on the cellur coverage. Works well with both PC and Mac. For Mac, it will not work with BB desktop manager installed.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
willz08z
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: T-Mobile

You can tether your ipod to your bb but your ipod needs to be jailbreaked with ibluever installed.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TRH-DC
My Device: 9930 (34, CDMA, Wi-Fi) v7.0.0.254
My Carrier: Verizon

It would be great news for bb to add WiFi hotspot capability. 

But I note that back in January 2009 you indicated it would be coming soon.  Your Nov 2011 posting states more emphatically that it will be VERY SOON.  Given the previous 3 year interval, can you be more precise as to what VERY SOON means?  Q1 2012, Q4 2012, or when?  

Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MGeee
My Device: Bold 9900

I am a happy user of the bold 9900, but it´s time to change to apple´s iphone.

With blackberry, i have to pay more, to connect to office 365 (9 euros for E1 plan vs. 5,25 euros for the P1 plan).

The tethering with usb is horrible for twice things:

1. the speed is a mess... extremly slow, when i compare with my private android wlan tethering (blackberry ubs tethering 0,2 mbit vs. 6mbit with other smartpohnes)

2. you need an usb cable for tether

I´ve ordered a iphone 4s for 629 euros and with this, a 7 years period of blackberry using is now definitly over!

Please use plain text.
Visitor
persianamericana
My Device: Pearl 9100
My Carrier: Digitel

Hello! I'm writing from Venezuela, so I'm sorry already for my lousy English.

I own a Blackberry pearl 9100, wifi enabled. The PHS300 could work as a wifi hotspot with my phone? After all the reading I've done I know that at this date, there's no way I can use my BB as a wifi hotspot, but I'm trying to find a solution to this, because I just bought a Toshiba Thrive that only works with wifi, and I need to have an internet connection when I'm not at home or my office, which is almost all the time.

I love my phone and I refuse to buy another because I don't want to change it or have two phones.

I know that this isn't the topic of this discussion, but I have another question: Does the PHS300 work with USB modem device? And if it does, where can I find the compatible models? Can you or anyone help me?

Many thanks! 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MGeee

No, there´s no chance to make wifi tethering with blackberrys.
I carry a second android phone with me since one year for wlan tethering.
The only option you have with an blackberry is to tether via usb or maybe bluetooth. The problem with this is: it is extremly slow and the package roundtrip times (ping) are **bleep**. For example: blackerry usb tethering = 0.2mbit... same location with android wlan-tethering=6.0mbit.
blackberry usb tethering is absolutly useless!

I´ve ordered a ihpone 4s, because i you can speak your e-mails/sms/calendar-date´s directly to siri and do not need a qwerty-keyboard on smartphone any more. And of course... you can wifi tether your iphone :smileyhappy: .
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
grayme
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: O2

[ Edited ]

Work has just replaced by 8800 with a Curve 9360 so I googled to this thread looking to be able to tether my work laptop on their data rather than my own (Samsung Galaxy S2), fingers crossed that it will work one day.

Off topic, have you tried Siri....?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MGeee

@siri
not yet, but a some of my friends show it to me (siri in german), and it seems to work well! On the other hand: iphone can tether wifi and i can connect to hosted exchange (office 365) with no extra charge... there are no more reasons for me to use blackberr, so a more then 7 years period with blackberry ands soon.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
scatman72
My Device: 9330 curve
My Carrier: sprint

[ Edited ]

@persianamericana

If speed isn't a major concern to you there's a decent chance the PHS300 will work for you, but as McGee stated it's very sluggish. The verizon USB760 aircard also works w/ the PHS300. I use both my 9330 curve and this aircard with the PHS300.

Please use plain text.