Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Verizon

I'm having facebook issues with the new app...

I downloaded Facebook 2.0 yesterday. I have BB version 5.0. Since I have downloaded the new app, I have been unable to post and it has not refreshed once. Please help me, I am sooooo tech stupid :smileysad:
New Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: indosat

Re: I'm having facebook issues with the new app...

try to sign out, then sign in again. sometimes it works
New Contributor

I tried and it froze. Then I rebooted my phone as well. When I try to post I get an error message. I'm not impressed with this app
Developer
My Device: Z10, Playbook
My Carrier: Econet

What does the error say? Did you also resent the HRT message to get updated service books?
Twitter: @IAmBenGiey | Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Try my apps:
The Ultimate Currency Converter and T2G - BloGFeed
New Contributor

It is working now. I hope it continues to. I am extremely tech stupid so I don't know what the HRT message is? Thank you for your help you two :smileyhappy:
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520 Smartphone
My Carrier: 0

Facebook.com/trudy.bockcloete
My Facebook add nw I experience to Download Facebook App on my Blackberry since accidently Deleted the Older Version v.1.9
I used my USB cable and try to Restore it through Blackberry DesktopManager but no Facebook App on my Blackberry only Tweeter, Yahoo, etc
Can't the Blackberry GURU not link/upgrade/reinstall or jst send me a LINK to upload it Please?
Developer

Trudy, if you visit http://mobile.blackberry.com there is still the version 1.9 available there. It install via your BB Browser though.

It also seems like you might need to upgrade your device software, try to check for updates when you connect it to your Desktop Software that is if you have stable internet connection
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Try my apps:
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

ben1107 wrote:
Trudy, if you visit http://mobile.blackberry.com there is still the version 1.9 available there. It install via your BB Browser though.

It also seems like you might need to upgrade your device software, try to check for updates when you connect it to your Desktop Software that is if you have stable internet connection

Ben, please verify your claim.  I had a look there and could only see facebook 2.0 available for download.  If I'm missing version 1.9 somewhere, some guidance from you would be appreciated.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Developer

Crystal HRT is Hosting Route Table, if your device is registered this is were you get any updates or changes for your mobile link with the Blackberry Servers. Under option, advanced you'll see the function there

Try my apps:
Developer

BillJ I'd you go on http://mobile.blackberry.com under the section "what's new" under get Twitter for Blackberry above get Blackberry Protect there is get Facebook v1.9, if you click that it'll even give you the option of getting v1.6. For v2.0 I visited http://us.blackberry.com/smartphones/features/social/facebook.jsp

Try my apps: