Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Not Specified

I purchased Vlingo Plus from Blackberry App World on Jul...

I purchased Vlingo Plus from Blackberry App World on July 3. Since then, I had to get a replacement BB Storm and verizon said they couldn't pull over my apps to the new phone. Consequently, I now am missing a registration code that is needed to re-activate my Vlingo Plus. I went to Vlingo's website, and they only give instructions if I purchased through Handango. How do I get my registration code for the product I purchased? Thank YOu. Robert
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: I purchased Vlingo Plus from Blackberry App World on Jul...

Hi there!

To re-install your apps, please follow this section of the AppWorld user guide:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/deliverables/7268/Re-install_an_item_on_a_different_device_643962_11.js...

For more registration key information, see this KB:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB18646

If that does not work, then please return to these forums (http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/) and register an account so that we can provide you with direct assistance.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Ok I have the same problem as I purchased Vlingo and downloaded. NO Key numer to activate the Vlingo was given after it downloaded thus I paid for something I have no access to. Any suggestions as to get cleared up?
Hall of Famer II

jaggo wrote:
Ok I have the same problem as I purchased Vlingo and downloaded. NO Key numer to activate the Vlingo was given after it downloaded thus I paid for something I have no access to. Any suggestions as to get cleared up?

Did you look at the KB I posted above?

KB18646 Entering the license key for an application purchased through BlackBerry App World

If the key is not presented in AppWorld as described, then I'd suggest contacting the developer of the app to see what's up.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Yes I did when I communicated to Vlingo the problem they sent me this back:

(We've seen instances where customers successfully purchase from App World but are then unable to download or activate Vlingo.  This is a problem with App World, not with Vlingo.  If this happens to you, and you have in fact received an order confirmation email from App World verifying that your PayPal account has been charged, then there is a solution.  Open the App World application and click on My World.  You may need to log in (using the same PayPal account from which you purchased Vlingo).  If you see Vlingo in your application list, make a note of the status you see underneath the Vlingo name (it might say 'Uninstalled', 'Purchase not found', 'Installed', etc) and then uninstall it.  Don't worry, you won't lose your purchase!  After uninstalling, reboot your phone by pulling the battery.  Once it reboots, download Vlingo (free version) from www.vlingo.com.  After you speak to Vlingo once, you should find that Vlingo Plus has been activated. Then, please reply to this message and tell us the status you noted above.  We'll use this to better help you and others in the future.)

I tried everything suggested above to the tee and still no Vlingo plus. Again I feel like im in "no mans land". Vlingo says it is App worlds fault and Appworld tells me I need to contact Vlingo. Heck Its a major production to get my credit card credited with paypal. Really feel cheated at this point. Dont know where to turn. Why cant Vlingo just give me the **bleep** Key#? All this time and energy and money for one simple App. I still dont have.

Hall of Famer II

Hi jaggo!

Well, in that case, I suggest you escalate to AppWorld via this method. Go to this URL:
https://www.blackberry.com/CSOHelp/index.do?ft=generic

and fill out the form. Use, in the "Please select a component:" field, the AppWorld Billing/Payment selection. If that does not work, then please try the AppWorld - General selection on that same form.

jaggo wrote: Appworld tells me I need to contact Vlingo.

Really? I guess you've got some conversations going on outside of this forum, then. :smileytongue: Unless...you do understand that this forum is not a formal RIM support channel, right? Rather, this forum is a user-to-user support vehicle...as such, I don't work for RIM...I'm just another user "out there" who happens to help out here when I can.

Cheers!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

No I understand just sharing with you my frustrations. Did call BB apps and talked to tech guy there and he had no answers. Pretty much commuicated the hoops I have to jump through to get a refund. He said I needed to email contact Vlingo and request refund confirmation from them and then forward that confirmation onto BB Apps and they will supposedly adjust my paypal account.  Lot of work. Ill problably just call my credit card account and tell them I got ripped and let them take care of it. God Bless America!!!!  Kind of a shame cause the app would really have  been of great use to me. Thanks for your help and suggestions. really appreciate. This is a great forum!!!!!
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello,

if I were you I would create an account on the VLingo forum and ask yout question. Hopefully, people can help you better than here.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

Hey, Jaggo, I'm having the same issue.  Then when I fill out a Blackberry issue form from the link they send, it says my pin isn't valid and won't accept the form!

I filed a complaint with PayPal stating that I did not receive what I had paid for, but have not received an answer back yet.  Vlingo, App world and Verizon are getting letters of complaint from me, and I'm going to tell every single person I know to NOT buy their apps from App world because they are not supported.