Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
pusser_uk
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: US Cellular

In Desperation.....

I am sure that there is an answer out there somewhere but I have yet to find it.

World Clock v2.0

I have purchased this world clock item twice. Once for my BB phone in the UK and loved it. When I moved from the UK to the USA, I was charged for it again when I added it to my new BB 9850, which I thought was a little unfair since my account is the same on Blackberry, only my handset and my carrier changed.

So, the BB website suggests that the application works and is compatible with my phone......
  • BlackBerry 9850
  • Carrier: USCC (USA)
Actually, it does NOT work with my phone. Upon installation and running the World Clock application, the phone freezes and can not be used for anything. Taking the battery out and rebooting regains control of the phone but trying to run the application again freezes the phone once more. I have reviewed this application from BB App World and online and yet my reviews don't seem to appear. One thing I notice in the review pages is the growing number of people who have bought this application and had nothing but problems with it.

Does Blackberry actually intend to refund my payment in view of the fact that this application does not work, or do you intend to keep my payment which, in my view is fraudulent and needs addressing.

On the webpage that describes the application there is a support email address. Clicking that opens up an email window of course, but the address is refused. Looks like they don't want anyone contacting them!

/\/\ike
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,906
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: In Desperation.....

Mike, you should not have been forced to purchase the application again.

When you changed carriers and countries, in AppWorld, the app should have appeared in AppWorld > MyWord > Installed (or uninstalled, as the case may be). If you did a refresh on your MyWorld, it might have appeared.

Likewise, refunds are made via your contact with your BIS service provider, in this case I guess USCC. You need to call them, ask for tech support, and they will process your refund for the twice purchased application. If they refuse, ask or demand the issue be escalated to RIM's tier two tech support.

Remember, we can't answer refund questions: This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the message upon registration.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.