Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

kim9923
My Carrier: Sprint

International calling / Vonage App

I just purchased my first bb yesterday for the sole purpose of utilizing the Vonage app for international calling.  (I am with Sprint therefore cannot get Iphone).  However, I just learned today that due to Blackberry's rules you cannot utilize the Vonage app to call back to the US from overseas you can only use the app in the US.  You can use the app from overseas back to US with the Iphone.  Does anyone know if Blackberry intends to change this anytime soon?  I was not jazzed about getting a Blackberry in the first place, but then to find out its now a waste of money b/c the app won't work and to make matters worse instead of paying $25/mo for unlimited international I will now have to pay about $.23 per minute really ticks me off.  This is not leaving me with a very good attitude or impression of Blackberry since this is only my second day with the phone.  Thanks for any help!!

P.S. with as many military/civilians stationed overseas one would think Blackberry could do a little better.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
karthiks123
My Carrier: airtel

Re: International calling / Vonage App

Hi,

Just wondering if you have got any updates on this ... can we use vonage overseas from US ?

Please use plain text.
dr_user
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: International calling / Vonage App

Vonage unfortunately seems to not have an app for Blackberry, only for iphone and Android per my investigation.   Vonage forces the use of mobile phone minutes to call using Blackberry via an access line, where the iphone and Android app lets you use wi-fi which I would hope works anywhere in world.   Because of the lack of Vonage App for Blackberry to use wi-fi, unless  Blackberry does something very soon, I will be switching to another phone operating system device.   Too bad, as I don't have any other issues with Blackberry. 

Please use plain text.