Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Hoppyjr
My Device: Not Specified

Invalid License Code for re-downloaded apps

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I originally had a 9530 Storm and made several App World purchases.  I just switched back to my 8330 Curve, downloaded the App World, logged in to reconcile purchases, and re-downloaded some of my apps.  When I re-installed the applications which required a license key, the App World produced the same key as with my Storm.  When I try to use that to register the application, I get an error message which tells me it is invalid.

The three apps I have tried so far are;  Aeriz Optimizer, BEWeather, and QuickLaunch.  I have emailed their respective support departments and the don't seem to be offering any help.

I am VERY frustrated, as the App World terms provide for changing devices 3 times in 12 months, but I cannot get this to work even one time!!!!

After being a loyal Blackberry fan for years and years (early 90's) I am not a happy customer. 

HELP PLEASE?

FWIW, I am using 4.7.0.138 and on Verizon.  The phone works fine, just this darned App World that seems to have problems.

UPDATE:  I was able to get the vendor of QuickLaunch to provide a new license code, but it took much effort.  Still no response from Blackberry or the oher application vendors.

Message Edited by Hoppyjr on 05-06-2009 10:18 PM
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Invalid License Code for re-downloaded apps

The license code is not attached to the AppWorld but to the seller of the application. You did the right thing asking their own support.

That being said, "changing devices three times" is possible in App World. Meaning if you change devices, you get the "My App" list to be transfered from one device to the other. In your case it just works perfectly. But you believed that the transfer includes the license of each software applications, which is not the case. You will have to buy the three applications if you want to continue using them.

Note that you can buy them on App World or on another shop.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: