Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Massonite
My Device: BlackBerry Q10
My Carrier: Bell
Accepted Solution

Issue with Beta Zone account

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure if this is where I need to post this, but I am hitting a dead end trying to find help.

I had to reset my BlackBerry ID due to to many PIN changes.  What I did was change the email address on the account that had too many changes, and recreate a new BlackBerry ID with my usual email.  This caused me to have to pay again for some downloaded apps and I lost my BBM contacts as well.

I haven't logged into Beta Zone in quite some time, but decided to see if I could get BBM for Android.  I used to be able to login with a username and password, but now it requires a BBID (which is understandable) but when I try to login, it needs my BBID and when I try to go to https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/defaults/bbidlink it has my email address in the username field and I can't change it.  I even tried to create a new Beta Zone ID and it says my email address is already in the system.

I sent an email to betainfo@blackberry.com a week or two ago and got no response.  I also sent a tweet to @BlackBerryHelp this morning.  I really need to get this straightened out.  So if anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Issue with Beta Zone account

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Massonite wrote:
I used to be able to login with a username and password, but now it requires a BBID (which is understandable) but when I try to login, it needs my BBID and when I try to go to https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/defaults/bbidlink it has my email address in the username field and I can't change it.

That is not at all what I experience. When I go to that link, I have to first press the "Sign In" button, and then I'm presented with fields to enter for my BBID. Anything that is pre-populated to those fields is being done by your browser...by default, those fields are always empty, and the site is actually coded to prevent most standard ID/password saving methods from working. So, anything that is in those fields now is being done by your browser or some ID/password assistant you have installed...not by the site itself. Not being able to change it is even more of such an indicator that something local to you is in control here.

Massonite wrote:
I even tried to create a new Beta Zone ID and it says my email address is already in the system.

Which would be logical if you previously created a BBID with that email address -- there can be only one BB ID account per email address.

Massonite wrote:

I sent an email to betainfo@blackberry.com a week or two ago and got no response.  I also sent a tweet to @BlackBerryHelp this morning.  I really need to get this straightened out.  So if anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it.

The issue isn't with the site, it's with your BB ID as well as your local browser and whatever add-on ID/password helper you have installed. I've no idea what your browser is nor what your ID/password helper is...you'll need to figure those out locally. Or try installing a different browser that does not have such an add-on and, if you know your BB ID credentials, you should be able to access them.

BB ID is sort of a "single sign on" for multiple BB-related products and services, so the core of your issue is with that rather than the specific site you were trying to access. And your local browser issue is I think really at the root of it all.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Massonite

I tried it at home on my laptop and tablet, as well as my PC at work.  I get the same problem regardless of what browser I use.  My email address is prepopulated in there and I can't remove it.  All browsers I use do the same thing.  Even tried on a co-worker's PC which I've never used before.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

That is extremely bizarre, and contradictory to what I experience. I really don't know what to tell you now...I know for sure that the BBID login page does not pre-populate any information. Any pre-population/lock-out would have to be totally local.

Have you tried any other (e.g., not BetaZone) method (via PC/browser) to log into your BBID? Via the AppWorld portal? Via the BBID login page itself? BB Protect website? BB Travel?

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Massonite

I can login with my BBID anywhere without issue.  It's just the BetaZone

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Ahhhh...OK...so please try, with one browser and multiple tabs, successfully logging into your BB ID in one window. Then open a new window and go to BetaZone. You should have that "sign in" button to click (you never confirmed if you get that or not), and clicking it should take you directly into BZ without having to enter BB ID credentials.

Also try, in some other window, completely logging out of your BBID and then, in another window, going again to BZ and see if you can get past it.

It really still sounds like a local cache issue...since I have never had the BZ site (nor any BB ID credential, btw) be able to pre-populate nor lock the fields for me. Indeed, many of the local add-on password saving schemes don't work; the native password remembering capability of Chrome, FireFox, and IE won't work...but some add-ons do. And some of those add-ons can be configured to pre-populate and auto-submit the form...so if that add-on has incorrect credentials and is auto-sibmitting, then it could be also locking you out from editing. That still doesn't correlate to the fact that this same behavior happens to you on so many platforms, but I just can't find a way for the BZ site to do this to you by itself...it just can't.

Also try totally clearing your Browser cache and such.

This is really really an odd one.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,925
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Yea, I agree, you need to clear your browser cache.

and try this URL:  https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/login

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Massonite

As I mentioned, I used different machines and browsers, so cache is definitely not the problem.  I even did try clearing the cache, flushing the DNS, restarting, etc and nothing changes.  The issue seems to be on BlackBerry's end.  I need to change the association that my BBID is linked to on Beta Zone.

When I login to that link, I get the following error.

An account with the specified email already exists and is linked to another BlackBerry ID

I need to know how to change that and fix it.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hang on...please be more clear. Do you or do you not receive, from the link you first provided, the button to push to "Sign In". That's the first thing I need you to confirm, because the rest is just not making sense.

Further, please again provide a very detailed step by step of what you do and what the result is. I'm not at all clear as to what you do to wind up with this new error message you have stated.

As a guess while awaiting your details, maybe check this:

• KB28060 How to change or update the BlackBerry ID Username (email address)

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,925
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I thoguht you said you sat down at a friends PC and your email was already pre-populated in the login.

How can that be, if you've never logged in from the PC before?

Betazone does not save logins in the cache anyway. I always have to physically type mine in.

Anyway, I found this, from another user.

https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/faq#

On the BlackBerry Beta Zone login page, click Sign In. You will be transferred to the BlackBerry ID page to sign in to your account, and then returned to BlackBerry Beta Zone immediately after.

Existing Beta Zone users:

• If your confirmed BlackBerry ID username/email matches your current Beta Zone username/email, your accounts will be linked seamlessly and you will be taken right to the Beta Zone Home Page.
  • If your confirmed BlackBerry ID username/email does not match your current Beta Zone username/email, you will be given an opportunity to log in with your old Beta Zone credentials to link your accounts. Once you have linked the accounts, you will be taken directly to the Beta Zone Home Page and we will update your contact email right away!

New Beta Zone users will simply need to provide a small amount of additional information to create their Beta Zone profile. Click New User after logging in with your BlackBerry ID to complete the application process.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.