Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
JBigs007
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Issue with Facebook

Last night, I updated the BB App World and ever since I updated that, I have been experiencing issues with Facebook. Any time that I would get a push notification that someone has commented, liked, or taggged me in a photo (which now all push notifications have stopped being pushed through, even when I manually refresh the notification feed), I tap the noticification and I see that the page is trying to retreive the photo comments but the photo does not show up and the date under the picture shows "Dec 31, 1969 7:00PM". In order to see what the comments or even see the picture, I would have to go to where the original post happened and click the post from there. Also, every since I updated the BB App World, all of the posts that I liked are not showing up in the Notification Feed. I thought it was a problem with just my device, so I uninstalled and installed the app again - still the same problem. I started asking around and I found that there are a ton of people with a Blackberry device that are experiencing. Also, I read that there was a new release for the Facebook app for Apple products. Will this issue be corrected soon or will this be another reason for me to consider whether or not I should continue with a Blackberry device. Right now, it's a losing battle for you...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Satyricrog
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Issue with Facebook

I'm with ya man. Saw ur review on appworld. Same problem. Only I updated several weeks back and it was fine before I did. This started happening yesterday. Of course no info from BB yet. I really love BB but the lag in tech and support from both company and vendors is pushing me towards Droid.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JBigs007

Exactly. I have a long list of issues that I have dealt with ever since I got my Torch 9800 back August 2011. This is just another one to add to the list and is making my decision to go with an Apple device or an Android-based device. Hopefully, they will fix this and then make the decision to become more user-friendly and developer-friendly to keep business.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Satyricrog
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: ATT

I thought the 9810 would solve my 9810 issues. Granted the 7.1 and fast pressor has helped but I still have numerous issues and spend a good deal of time rebooting or waiting out the "spinning wheel". I'm at my wits end. Why can't my BB keep up me me? Maybe because BB can't keep up with the competition.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JBigs007

That's how I feel. BB is trying to mkae advances but they are not able to keep up with the fact that most mobile OS systems are user friendly. the BB platform is not user friendly.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JBigs007

It has gotten worse now. On top of the fact that I still see the whole 1969 thing when I get picture notifications, now other applications on my device are acting stupid and are locking up. Granted, I am starting to get my push noifications from Facebook but I don't get why RIM has not made a statement about this and let us know that there will be a fix for it soon. I had to go around and do my own digging to find out that there was a beta update released the day before yesterday for Facebook.  Here is what I read:

Facebook for BlackBerry has received another small update in the BlackBerry Beta Zone. The new version kicks up a few notches to v3.3.0.6. The update includes various tweaks and fixes that keep things going strong. In addition to the updated BBM and photo features from the last version, this update includes:

• Able to unfriend from friends list and friends profile via GCM, menu, and +
  • Confirmation dialogue before unfriending so request can be canceled if needed
  • Photo albums as a grid of photos (grid view thumbnails)
  • Slide between my full-screen photos

You can login to the Beta Zone now to grab the update.

(URL: http://crackberry.com/facebook-blackberry-3306-now-available-blackberry-beta-zone)

Blackberry is going to lose a lot of customers because they are spending so much time working on the BB10 OS and not paying attention to their existing customers who are having issues with their phone.  I have personally messaged them on Twitter with a screen shot of what is going on and they have yet to respond. I have also posted on their Facebook wall and they have yet to respond. I definitely understand now why they are losing so many corporate contracts to Apple.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JBigs007

It's getting worse. Now, I can't even update my news feed on my phone. That does it - please expect me to move to either an Android-based or Apple phone. Nothing is being done and it's starting to piss people off!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JBigs007

Day 3 of this issue and still no repsonse from Blackberry. I guess we found out who Blackberry really cares about. March 2013 - you will be losing me as a Blackberry user.

Please use plain text.