Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

redsfangeoff

Issues W/ Content Protection after Facebook 1.7 install - LOST ALL E-Mail addresses?!

I just installed facebook version 1.7 and I am on the BB T-Mobile BES server. After installing it enabled content protection and contact protection automatically. This has caused every one of my contacts email address on my phone to only show "content protection enabled".

I then went into security settings and turned off content protection and de-selected contacts. I then performed a master reset, but still no luck.

Also, when FB 1.7 was installed I couldn't view or edit any contacts I once had connected through facebook and my address book (After going to BES from BIS I know our IT policy disables that function)

Now I uninstalled facebook app entirely and tried to see if my contacts showed the email addresses, but I'm having no luck.

Any Suggestions?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vtjones

Re: Issues W/ Content Protection after Facebook 1.7 install - LOST ALL E-Mail addresses?!

I had the same issue with all of my linked contacts after installing facebook 1.7.  Everyone had <content protection enabled> for emails, notes and job titles.  I also had the issue where I could not open or edit the contacts on my blackberry while the facebook app was loaded.  I had to uninstall the facebook app and resync my contacts to get back to a normal state.  Something is seriously wrong with the facebook 1.7 app.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
slimanefares007

Re: Issues W/ Content Protection after Facebook 1.7 install - LOST ALL E-Mail addresses?!

hi ,

me too , i have the same pb ...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
klayton82

I'm having the exact issue.  I've called Verizon and they have no idea how to remove the <Content Protection is Enabled> from the email field.  Has anyone found a solution?  I'm not able to restore my contact information as Google Sync was replaced with the <Content Protection is Enabled> email address field, too.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
klayton82

Also,  is anyone able to reinstall FB 1.6 after removing 1.7?  I receive an error stating that my software is not able to support the program...

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,756
My Carrier: Verizon

Everyone in this thread, it could be helpful if you would answer the questions below, just post in this thread.

Device model:

Carrier:

Device OS:

Content Protection enabled/disabled:

Is there an IT Policy:

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
klayton82

Device model: BlackBerry 9630

Carrier: Verizon

Device OS: 4.7.1.40

Content Protection enabled/disabled: Disabled

Is there an IT Policy: No

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
slimanefares007

[ Edited ]

Device model: BlackBerry 9000

Carrier: BOUYGUES

Device OS: 5.0.0.238

Content Protection enabled/disabled:enable  and same pb disable

This pb appears only with contact to synchronize with FB apps.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kouki

Device model: BlackBerry 9630

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Device OS: 4.7.1.40

Content Protection enabled

Please use plain text.
luisitol

has a fix for this issue been found?  I had this issue with my 8830 and then now with my 9630  Both on Sprint.  Thanks!

Please use plain text.