Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 3G - 9330
My Carrier: Sprint
Accepted Solution

Issues with Facebook (Mobile Site)

I'm having issues with the Facebook App. I have the Blackberry 3G (9330) thru Sprint and I updated my Blackberry Software from 5.0 to 6.0. Since then, the Facebook (Mobile site) will allow me to type of up to around 20 characters when submitting my status or sending an email. Once it I type around 20 characters, the screen freezes and then it boots me out of the FB (Mobile site) and goes to the Bookmark page. I reinstalled that App thinking it may have not installed properly and may have affected the Facebook Mobile site but I'm still having the same problem. However, when I use the Facebook App, I'm able to update my status and send email using more than the 20 characters that's allowed in the Facebook (Mobile site). Is there something I can do to have this corrected? I like the mobile site better because I can see my friend's birthdays on the main page and it offers more options than the FB App.

New Contributor

Re: Issues with Facebook (Through Internet Browser)

I'm experiencing issues using Facebook through my Internet Browser.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Issues with Facebook (Mobile Site)

Hello,

I think you can try two things : the soft reboot, and if it does not work, the hard reboot. Don't worry, you can't lose data with these two reboots.

Soft reboot :
1) Hit the three following keys at the same time :
- Alt
- Right Shift
- Delete
2) wait 2 minutes for the Blackberry to wake up.

Hard reboot :
1) your Blackberry device is on
2) remove the battery and wait for a minute
3) Put the battery back
4) wait 5 minutes for the device to wake up.

Please tell us if it works for you.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

I tried both of the steps and it still doesn't work. I even cleared my memory and cashe...same problem.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

did you install any application that may influence the BlackBerry browser ?

if not, just contact the Sprint support and have them have a look at that issue.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

After playing around with the settings, I found that if you have the "Assistive Input by Keyboard" under Options/Typing set to Predictive, it will interfere with any data that is keyed into the Facebook browser and cause it to freeze. I changed the setting to direct instead of Predictive and this resolved the issue. Thanks for your help!

New Contributor
My Device: 8520 curve
My Carrier: blackberry

If I upload stuff why don't it show via blackberry by me or others
New Contributor
My Device: 8520 curve
My Carrier: blackberry

Why if I upload someting on facebook it don't show via blackberry by me or by other phones