Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
deedle
My Device: Not Specified

LiveStrong Calorie counter won't install

I tried to purchase the LiveStrong Calorie Counter app

I entered my Paypal login details and it started the transaction but then it failed at some point.

I got receipts from Blackberryappworld and from Paypal saying I'd been charged $2.99

The listing for the app is in "my app world" but it says its not installed.

When I tried to reinstall it started then stopped with
an error message saying it couldn't connect to the app store and to try again later.

My connection is fine, I can make calls and surf the web (including the app store) no problem.

I tried it multiple times (via wireless and via wi-fi) with the same result.

Now when I go to my app world it's no longer listed so I can't even attempt another install.

This is my first purchase on App World and so far I'm not very impressed at all.

Deedle - Blackberry Bold on Rogers

PS. I previously installed a free app with no problem.

What's the solution? I don't want to pay again.

New Contributor
indyirish
My Device: Curve 8330

Re: LiveStrong Calorie counter won't install

I had the exact same problem as you Deedle. I sent an e-mail to StoreFrontManager@rim.com asking if there was anything that could be done so I didn't have to shell out another $2.99. I received this response back a couple of minutes later...

A new App World client is coming out possibly tonight that will remedy the ‘Purchased but missing’ applications in My World. I apologize for the inconvenience, Ryan

BlackBerry App World Team

So I guess I'll sit and wait until to tomorrow to see if I can get the app again. Nothing like three versions of AW in three days. Highly annoying.

New Contributor
deedle
My Device: Not Specified

Re: LiveStrong Calorie counter won't install

Thanks for that indyirish. Still no word from rim but I'll wait for the new version like you said and try again.

I just checked and I have version 1.0.0.26 of App World