Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
stevens72
My Device: curve 8350
My Carrier: nextel

Logging into facebook

When I log into facebook on my blackberry, the application starts. then I get the following message - you are attempting to open a secure connection to: fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net but the servers certificate contains a different domain name a248.e.akamai.

I have no idea what that means.  The messasge won't go away and I can't really use facebook.  This is only happens on my blackberry.  I can easily login using my computer.

I also notice that my profile photo on facebook is cut diagonally.  Something is definitely wrong.  The problem is only on my blackberry.

I have tried deleting the program and then reinstalling but that doesn't help either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Steven

Please use plain text.
lisasocke
My Device: curve 8900
My Carrier: curve 8900

Re: Logging into facebook

i have the same problem. i have tried to log in with another account, and that works just fine. so weird and so annoying. tried to change e-mail addresses, but doesn't make a difference. used to work just fine, and then one day, all of a sudden this "error" occurred.

found a solution for this problem yet? if you do, PLEASE let me know. i will, too!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stevens72

what do you mean you logged in with another account and that works fine?  i haven't found a solution.  but until i do i can't use facebook.  i have no idea what the problem is.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

as you may know, when a user connects to facebook, he connects to a facebook server.

Sice there are so many users across the planet, all users do not connect to the same server.

There is a replication mecanism, that is provided by Akamai. That is the reason why your facebook client is trying to connect to the FB...cdn....AkamaiHD server.

You can now understand why, using the same Facebook installation, one account can connect, and not another one.

Tha being said, your BlackBerry device has noticed that the server uses a X.509 security certificate that it should not (a X.509 certificate can only be used by the servers it is designed for, in this case a24.e.akamai. ).

This is in my opinion not a pirate or hack action, but rather a misconfiguration on Akamai servers.

You will have to wait a few more days for the Akamai IT people to notice the configuration is incorrect... and fix it :smileyhappy:

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stevens72

error message

When I click facebook on my blackberry and the app launches, the home page comes us as usual for facebook but then the follow message pops onto the screen

you are attempting to open a secure connection to:

fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net
but the server's certificate contains a different name:
a248.e.akamai.net
then there is a window with the following options - close connection, view certificate or continue
no matter which option i choose the popup message stays up.  i have never seen this before.  i tried deleting the facebook app then reinstalling it.  i tried this several times but still get the same message.
Can somone give me some suggestions?
Thanks
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: error message

Hi there!

I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network

2) Resend Service Books

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you should contact your carrier for formal support.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stevens72

Thanks for the reply. When you wrote, wait for a message do you mean an email or a notification where I click ok? 

I did what you wrote, got an email and then pulled battery and I am having the same problem. 

If I should wait for a message, I will try it again.  Should I also uninstall then reinstall?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

stevens72 wrote:

When you wrote, wait for a message do you mean an email or a notification where I click ok? 

There are many kinds of messages...the HRT will send a message direct to your BB, it will arrive solely in the Messages app. The Service Books will arrive as one email per email address that you have configured to your BB. There is nothing to click in the messages you should receive.

stevens72 wrote:

I did what you wrote, got an email and then pulled battery and I am having the same problem. 

So I can't tell...from which step did this email arrive? If it is truly an email, then it sounds like only step 2...which means you needed to wait for step 1 to complete.

stevens72 wrote:

Should I also uninstall then reinstall?

Probably won't help...since you said you already did that.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stevens72

After step 1, I got a message in email messages from "blackberry" with subject "registration. After step 2, I got a message in email messages from "activatio server" with the title "email account information".  Should I try step 1 and 2 and then do a battery pull again. Or do you think I need to contact my carrier.

I can't find any other threads with this issue.  It looks almost like a virus.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

All of those sound correct. Since you have therefore done all three steps properly and the problem is not resolved, I do suggest you contact your carrier for formal support. It is possible that your data plan (from them) is not adequate to fully enable the FB application.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.