Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
sbw2812
My Device: 9930

Missing app from MyWorld (BHive)

I recently had my BB OS fail resulting in getting a new BB. I am working to get my new BB up and running and have signed into MyWorld to get my apps reinstalled... all but one of my apps is there - I am missing BHive, which unfortunately wasn't a free app. Might anyone know if there is a way to get it back wihout having to pay for it again? I've sent an email to the product support for BHive, but haven't rec'd a response. Thanks!

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Missing app from MyWorld (BHive)

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I suggest that you clear the AppWorld application cache.

• KB24714 How to clear cache for BlackBerry World on BlackBerry smartphones and the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet

Note please that if the developer has not made the app compatible with your new BB/OS level, then that would also explain why it does not display. Via PC/browser and not logged into your BBID, you can check the AppWorld catalog for compatibility.

Hopefully it'll work for you! Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
sbw2812

Thanks for the suggestion, I followed the steps outlined to clear the cache and it did seem to refresh my list of applications, however the BHive app is still missing from the list.

The BBOS required is 5.0.0 or higher - how can I tell if that is what is on my new 9930?

I did install the trial version of the app (which is free) which works, so I am assuming the OS shouldn't be an issue. Ironically enough, all of my tasks I had in the app prior to my last phone going bad were automatically there when the trial version completed install.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated - I am sure eventually, I will get a message to purchase since I am only running a trial. Also, still haven't heard from BHive (HighVelocity).

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

sbw2812 wrote:

The BBOS required is 5.0.0 or higher - how can I tell if that is what is on my new 9930?

KB23393 How to check the model number and version of installed BlackBerry device software on a BlackBerry smartphone

IMHO It is risky to depend on that "or higher" setting...I've seen, especially for older apps (e.g., those going all the way back go OS5), that the "or higher" was true when they pushed their app to AppWorld, but as the OS levels continued to update, the app developer did not necessarily go back and adjust their AppWorld catalog entry. I've actually always thought that there should not even be an "or higher" setting for them...rather, force them to specifically state the exact major OS levels that they support on the day they push their app to AppWorld...that way, it will forever remain accurate, regardless of updates to BB OS.

You also have to look at more than just the OS level on the AppWorld catalog page. There are other requirements -- device model, carrier, country, etc. You must meet ALL of the requirements in order to be eligible for a specific app...any one of them that you do not meet, and you are not eligible.

sbw2812 wrote:

I did install the trial version of the app (which is free) which works, so I am assuming the OS shouldn't be an issue. 

I would not make that same assumption. The trial version and the paid version are physically different apps, so it is entirely possible that the developer has only managed to push out the trial version so far for your OS level. 

I think you now need to hear from the developer...they control what they push to AppWorld, and they are responsible for the accuracy therein. It's also completely possible that they simply don't allow free upgrading of the app to the OS level that that you are now on. For example, when I moved to BB10, I had to buy more than one app again that I had bought in the past. It is completely possible for an app developer to have made the same decision, even in BBOS.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
sbw2812

Hi, I did finally hear back from the developer and I think I am on track now. I would agree with your statement, I think in absence of hearing from them, I would have been SOL. 

Prior to hearing from them, I did send a follow up email, and noted in the subject line ***second request for help*** Hard to say if that helped get a response back this second time, but I think I am back on the right track.

Thanks again for your insight!!

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are very welcome...and good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates