Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Trusted Contributor
kairosgrammy
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Mobile Checkbook

I bought an app called Mobile Checkbook from crackberry.com. It is put out by mobatech. Great idea. You always have your phone, its easier often to access than your checkbook and has built in calculator so you can't add/subtract wrong. Read the reviews, excellent reviews. Checked to be sure it was compatible with my 8900. When I try to input an amount, and say I want to put a deposit of 1300 dollars in, you hit the "1" and it inputs "11" so by the time you've inputed $1300, you have 11330000 (nice balance but not too real. Any idea what would be causing this. Not the phone, only happens with this particular app that I've found. Got it onsale for $7 and it definitely won't break the bank but makes it an expensive app when it doesn't work.I've deleted it twice and reloaded it. Don't know what else there is to do except say the heck with my $7. I swear, I have better luck with my free apps than the ones I  pay for.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: Mobile Checkbook

Hello,

I think you can try two things : the soft reboot, and if it does not work, the hard reboot. Don't worry, you can't lose data with these two reboots.

Soft reboot :
1) Hit the three following keys at the same time :
- Alt
- Right Shift
- Delete
2) wait 2 minutes for the Blackberry to wake up.

Hard reboot :
1) your Blackberry device is on
2) remove the battery and wait for a minute
3) Put the battery back
4) wait 5 minutes for the device to wake up.

Please tell us if it works for you.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
kairosgrammy

It turned out they had sent me the wrong version for my phone. They resent the right version and it is an awesome, awesome app. I figure if I ever lose my phone, I won't know what to do.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

kairosgrammy wrote:
I figure if I ever lose my phone, I won't know what to do.
That is not good. smartphones are tools. You should use the Desktop Manager (without Media Manager) to make frequent backups of your device.

If you ever lose your device, then you can reload a recent backup on a new device.
Some people do daily backups, some do that every other week, some other people never do and weep when they love everything.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
kairosgrammy

Oh, I back up at least once a week. I guess I'd be okay except the cost of a phone without an upgrade would definitley hurt my budget. I guess I'd spend it though. I'm hooked on blackberry. I got my daughter an iphone for her birthday since she was due for an upgrade. I was playing with it. Didn't like it at all. At one time, I really considered an iphone. Not any more.
Please use plain text.