Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
jess90
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Mobile uploads and check in default to 'only me except restricted' despite my settings

[ Edited ]

Hey

I actually have this same exact problem (as described in my own thread), but I never mentioned the photo sharing. I'd like to comment here and say that the problem I have with checking in also applies to my photo uploads through my Blackberry. They're both set to "Only Me"!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
catz747
My Device: Curve 9300

Re: Mobile uploads and check in default to 'only me except restricted' despite my settings

While not the solution, I went to update my status on the app (I.e. Go to profile>write on wall) and I added my location which it found for me (the same style as when you check in) and people can see it so I'm guessing if I added a photo they'd have seen that too. You can also tag people from there and to some extent control privacy. So even if the status is blank or "." People should see it as effectively as checking in or uploading a photo - just a workaround while we have this problem hopefully :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wondervenus
My Device: Bold 9900

Hey, we exactly have the same problem...

Sorry to intrude into your thread, here's mine:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Downloaded-applications-for/Facebook-for-Blackberry-App-Night...

Cheers...
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wondervenus
My Device: Bold 9900

Just found out, I do have problem same as yours on posting photos from my FB for Blackberry App...

It's perpetually fixed to ONLY ME!!!

Here's my thread:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Downloaded-applications-for/Facebook-for-Blackberry-App-Night...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jho51e

I have the same problem.. I have ticked yes to share my location under fb4bb options.. I have the latest beta running on my bb9900..
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jho51e

Would it be because my default privacy setting is "friends except restricted" - and I noticed on fb4bb there is no custom setting in the drop down list next to the "post" button? So if you have a custom privacy setting it would automatically set fb4bb at only me?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
catz747

Don't think so cause my default has always been friends except restricted and prior to February it worked. Know what you mean about the drop down box though, why aren't all your options there and if you post to friends does that include restricted? You've seen my workaround on the other thread? Posting location and photos using the status update? Unfortunately it doesn't always post to other people's news feeds for me, especially when we are out and about and reception may be poor. I hoped using beta version of fb would help but it hasn't and never get repiles from facebook help :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jho51e

Did the following tests:
1. Status update with location
2. Status update with photo
3. Photo upload using Photo link
4. Check in using check in link

Results:
1 and 2. Not seen by friends. Posted as Only Me..
3 and 4. Seen by friends

So it appears that the issue is only with using the "status" option.. Is that the same with you?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jho51e

And yes I didn't use to have this issue either.. Then it started but not sure when.. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
catz747

Oh how odd! Mine is the total opposite, 1 and 2 can be seen by friends but don't always publish to feeds and 3 and 4 always go to "only me". It doesn't happen when I log my husband in on my Blackberry and I can't remember what happens when I log in to his iPhone, I will come back with that this evening if I didn't write it elsewhere on this thread. I think it worked properly. Blackberry say it's a facebook account issue but if it works on his iPhone that throws question onto that. Blackberry took bug reports and so on at the time and found nothing but like I said facebook don't reply. I was fairly sure it happened after an update in February.
Please use plain text.