Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
catz747
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Tesco Mobile

Mobile uploads and check in default to 'only me except restricted' despite my settings

Hi,

I wrote on a thread before but I didn't want to 'hijack' any one else so hope it's ok to make my own?

I mentioned it here:

http://www.facebook.com/help/community/question/?id=2143528

and

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Downloaded-applications-for/Mobile-Uploads-Privacy-level-prob...

but there are no answers yet. 

I have this problem where if I check in via the app or upload a photo, only I can see it, no-one else unless tagged. Everything works fine through the browser (except that check in doesn't actually use your location which is why I don't like it.) I have gone through numerous things with Blackberry but they say it is a fb account issue but fb don't respond. Blackberry did a bug report too which came out fine. 

The facts are that when logged into the app, despite my default settings (even if set to public) it defaults to 'only me except restricted' which is a setting I have never used for anything, and this happens when I check in or upload a photo but not when I update my status. 

If I log out and log my husband in, it all works ok according to his default settings. I don't know anyone else with a Blackberry who I would want to log in on their device so can't try that way around. The mobile upload, check in and status on the browser work according to my settings. 

I saw someone on here mention on a recent thread about sharing location. I re-downloaded the app and put location to allow instead of prompt and also there is a setting where things are listed and I made sure location was checked but other than that I just can't find any relevant settings in the privacy setting area. 

I have deleted and reinstalled the app, but don't know what service books do so never deleted the facebook one .....

Just don't know what else to try. I found that it started end Feb/beginning March for no apparent reason. 

Any help appreciated if anyone knows any other settings that affect this. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,840
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Mobile uploads and check in default to 'only me except restricted' despite my settings

Yea starting your own thread rather than posting your issues in another, is the way to go.

What version of Facebook for BlackBerry are you using?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
catz747

Re: Mobile uploads and check in default to 'only me except restricted' despite my settings

Hi, it is 3.0.0.17
Please use plain text.
JSanders

You might try getting the Facebook version 3.1.0.9 in BetaZone if you can.

wwwblackberry.com/beta

I have been told is fixes many issues.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
catz747

I have now installed the beta version but it is still the same, just checked it, still defaulted to custom> 'only me except restricted'.
Please use plain text.
JSanders

catz747 wrote:

If I log out and log my husband in, it all works ok according to his default settings. 

Where is this you're logging in, on Facebook for BlackBerry or on your PC?

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
catz747

If I log out of the facebook for blackberry app and log him into it on the same phone with the same app.

I've notice that if I go on the PC, in my list of apps, facebook for BB isn't listed where you change individual app settings ..... is it meant to be?
Please use plain text.
JSanders

catz747 wrote:
If I log out of the facebook for blackberry app and log him into it on the same phone with the same app.

That's what I thought, which tells me the issue is with your FaceBook account, not the Facebook for BlackBerry application.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
catz747

Do you have any ideas as to what I can do? I've sent them 4 messages over the last 2 months but they never reply and I don't know any other settings I can change.
Please use plain text.
JSanders

I don't know. Let me look at my account today and see if I notice anything to suggest.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.