Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
igorbatisti
My Device: 8310

My WhatsApp issue

Hey! How are you?

It's my first time here, and I've been searching for help, but I haven't found anywhere.

So, let's know my problem:

I have a BB 8310, its version v. 4.5.0.55 and I'm currently using APN data plan (IDK its right name).

I am having issues in WHATSAPP MESSENGER, otherwise, in others applications, they work fine.

In the past, WHATSAPP was working perfectly, I mean without any troublem. When I had to reinstall my OS, when I try to connect it with my number, it says: java.io.IOException: Connection not writeable

I'm crazy! I want to use this app, but I already have looked into every website, but no answers!

Can you help me?

I beg you..

Contributor
cmasciarelli
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300 OS 6

Re: My WhatsApp issue

Você é brasileiro?! Operadora Vivo...

Have you ever tried to remove and then install again the app?

Is this app compatible with your phone and it's version?

New Contributor
igorbatisti

Sim, eu sou hahaha

& yes já tentei fazer isso, e é compativel sim hahaha

tava funcionando de boa antes de reinstalar o OS ;x

algo mais p fazer? haha

New Contributor
konggy
My Device: Curve 8520

Can you explain how Whatsapp working in the past? as via Wi-Fi or wireless provider?

Does your Whatsapp is the lastest version? The lastest ver. can use via Wi-Fi but you should have BIS.

I think it can work properly if you have a BIS+data plan

New Contributor
igorbatisti

Hey! Thanks for answering me...

My WhatsApp was working perfectly in the past with TCP generic data plan (wireless provider).

Yes, It is. I downloaded it directly from the website.

saad_shafique
My Device: Bold 9000

OK so I'm gettin exactly the same message. I have BIS activated and whatsapp was working fine with the provider data plan. I had to reinstall and now it says "Unexpected error: java.io.IOException: Connection not writeable"

New Contributor
igorbatisti

still the same..

if u got a solution contact me :smileywink:

New Contributor
konggy
My Device: Curve 8520

please note that you have change the data plan. I suggest you to pull batt. and make sure that you get the comfirmation of the new plan from your provider. If this didn't work  you can also try this;

BB Home > Options > Advanced Options > Service Book find 'IPPP for BIS [IPPP]' delete it.

and go to BB Home > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table press 'BB' select 'register now'

ps. make sure you cancel the old plan and register the new plan.

Developer
ben1107
My Device: Z10, Playbook

You need to select connection options in your application. It basically is failing to connect to the internet
Twitter: @IAmBenGiey | Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Try my apps:
The Ultimate Currency Converter and T2G - BloGFeed
pavanbhush
My Device: BB 8520

I'm also getting the exact same message : java.io.IOException: failed to transmit

My BIS services are acticated and whatsapp was working just fine till 2 days back but suddenly it stopped.

My Internet is also working perfectly, i can browse at will. But some how all the applications aren't working. Facebook or whatsapp aren't working.

Can someone help?