Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
slenks
My Device: Not Specified

NEW FB App BUG

I think there is a glitch in the new FB application with the synchronization. I like that it automatically connects FB and BB contacts. BUT - when you manually connect them, it says "Connect to BB contact" and then you find the contact in your BB and voila - connected - BUT BUT BUT then FB sends you a notification telling you that you've "REQUESTED" their phone number!!!  I didn't request anything and I don't want a notification sent to simply sychronize with information that I already have.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
davbak

Re: NEW FB App BUG

Saw the same thing here, unfortunately it was after I tried to sync a bunch of contacts before I realized my friends were being sent these requests.  It even sent them to people that already had a phone number listing in my BB Contacts.

Any way to sync contacts without bothering my friends with a request, RIM?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
davbak

The new version that was released tonight (1.5.0.32) does NOT fix the issue.  :-(

Strike two!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
davbak

I think I found a way to fix this.

Last night I installed 1.5.0.32 over top of 1.5.0.31.  Today I completely uninstalled Facebook from my device and re-installed 1.5.0.32.  I am now being prompted to send a phone number request instead of the application simply doing it automatically.

I think it's weird that simply installing over top of an older version would not fix the issue, but I guess the process is not clean when done that way.

Give that a try to see if that fixes it.

Please use plain text.