If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
Pixiee3
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

New BBM

Im having trouble updating to the new BBM. Ive follwed the link but its not giving me any option to upgrade. Ive got the Curve 8520. Can anyone help please?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
thysb
My Device: 9300 Curve
My Carrier: Vodacom SA

Re: New BBM

My upgrade notice came through last night, and the update went through fine. My wife got her notice this morning, but when trying to upgrade there was an error (the Blackberry ID site was down, it seems), but she tried it again later and it went through fine. Maybe let us know if you're getting any errors or what exactly the problem is...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Pixiee3

Am I just being completely stupid then, Do I have to wait to receive an actual update for it? I thought that it would come through to everyone at the same time.

I went on the Blackberry website and it says that you can send the link to your phone, I done this thinking that I would then be able to update but no.

I dont have any errors, is it just a case of that I need to actually wait to receive an update?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
thysb

What version of BBM have you got currently?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Pixiee3

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
thysb

That is funny then that you've never received a notice of a newer version. It obviously also depends on which version of Blackberry OS you have. Maybe try going to http://appwold.blackberry.com/ on your phone, then select the Apps & Software link at the top, and BBM should be on the next page. Click on that link and see if you cannot upgrade from there.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Pixiee3

Ive tried that but it just doesnt work :smileysad: Any other ideas? LOL

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
thysb

Maybe a stupid question, but what OS have you got on your phone?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Pixiee3

No, not a stupid question, I didnt even know what it was so I just checked anyway. Its v4.6.1.314 does that sound like Im looking at the right thing?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
thysb

Then I would definitely suggest you upgrade your phone's OS software first. The easiest way is to do this from your PC using the Blackberry Desktop Software. Connect your phone to it, then make sure you do a backup using the software and then use the App to do the software update. After this you should receive a lot of newer software for your phone.

Please use plain text.